Found this 1990(!!!) Sony stereo and speakers in great condition! Need opinions or recommendations for other receiver if needed
Nov 25, 2015 at 2:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

HiCZoK

500+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone.
I remembered this sony tower at my grandparents house way back in 1995 when I was just 6 or so and then I just kinda forgot about it. Turns out they still have it. Not used for years, in great condition. It works very well. No problems. EQ works, volume wheel works even on remote. It seems ok. I can get it hooked up to pc simply with rca cable from back in either where cd or phono module connects to main unit. But the thing weights a ton and I don't want to decide on taking it just yet. I need some opinions.

Is that a good receiver + speakers ?
The model for main unit stereo deck receiver is hst-v302 (although it says lbt-v302 in front I think its model for package) and model name for speakers might be ss-a302. At least thats what I could find, because the sticker on the back of those is gone. if those speakers are ss-a302 they are 70W music capacity (not sure what that means) and 6 ohm. There also is CD and Phono module but I took it of. Tape deck and tuner is not detachable.

Pics of Unit and speakers. Please advise :) I have e10k dac for line out of pc btw. If it is a good unit, worth recommending I might find place for it. If only speakers are worth recommending, then Pleas advise on some cheap receiver for those.

Production date is 1990 so this scratches some kind of nostalgia itch hard :p
Currently I have creative dt2200 2001 speaker setup converted to 2.1 Not sure if it plays nice or I am just used to it so much. Never had boohshelf speakers.

I also found this 1987 vinyl records player btw. Don't know how to connect it but it should work. Not really interested in it tho and didnt wanted to create other topic for it.

Btw. Also found bunch of super old 1980-1990 vinyls. Depech mode, Bee gees, modern talking and bunch of crap. My Grandmother was super cool back in the day. She still is but she admits, she was buying all that stuff just because she could then :D
edit: I dont know much about speakers cause I am more of a headphone type of guy. HM5 and portapro btw now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back