Found some vintage gear.
May 13, 2015 at 11:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

babyryoga

New Head-Fier
Not sure which sub-forum this fits in the best. I was given some stereo stuff many years ago by my grandmother that belonged to my grandfather, but I didn't really have any room for it at the time so I left it where it was. Just got back to it today, and it seems like a nice vintage stack, consisting of a Sansui TU-9900 tuner, and BA-2000/CA-2000 pre-amp+amp combo. I haven't tested it out, but it worked last time I turned it on about a decade ago, and still seems to be in pretty good condition. 

Not sure what to do with a stack like this; vintage gear isn't necessarily something I would appreciate to the fullest. What should I be looking to get in trade value for a stack like this? Would it be a worthwhile investment to have it refurbished in any way possible before hand? 

Here's a quick snap:

May 14, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #3 of 4
One seller has the pre/power amp combination listed for $1492 (re-capped and professionally serviced).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sansui-BA-2000-CA-2000-fully-recapped-Mundorf-Nichicon-etc-pro-serviced-/261884282490?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cf985067a

I'd buy some speakers and enjoy the gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back