[found & resolved]Canadians, do you know where kin0kin is? [don't reply to thread]
Nov 30, 2007 at 2:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

mofonyx

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi.

I'm looking for kin0kin. I understand him to be a trustworthy Head-Fi member.

I have tried to contact him via email and PM on other forums, but to no avail because he has been MIA.

The reason for my concern, and by all means this doesn't mean that I'm being unreasonable because it's been 9 months since I made a payment for my balanced CKK III (March 2007). The end product was supposed to reach me by October 2007, but it's now December 2007. I have received a reply once in early November saying that the amp was almost complete, but I have received no information on the casework. Information is all very vague and things seem dubious.

By all means, this post is not meant to cause a negative impression on kin0kin. I am just looking for him. I understand that he is a very respectable and trustworthy person as I have dealt with him before. Moreover, he is very helpful and friendly with all my queries.

Once again, I am just looking for kin0kin. If you happen to know why he is MIA, please respond to this thread or PM me. Thank you.

Nov 30, 2007 at 3:04 PM Post #2 of 37
hi folks,

i'm looking for kin0kin too. i'm waiting for a shipment of ppav2, and a few parts bought from partexpress.com from him. he's been MIA since 2 weeks ago. i've tried MSN, LYN(local forum) but not avail. please please do update both of us if you get in touch with him somehow.

thanks again

Dec 1, 2007 at 6:15 PM Post #4 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by mofonyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The reason for my concern, and by all means this doesn't mean that I'm being unreasonable because it's been 9 months since I made a payment for my balanced CKK III (March 2007). The end product was supposed to reach me by October 2007, but it's now December 2007. I have received a reply once in early November saying that the amp was almost complete, but I have received no information on the casework. Information is all very vague and things seem dubious.

If it's been 9 months, the community should be raising a stink. You deserve to get your amp.

Remember that the statute of limitations for this is 2 years. Don't let this end up like the Head-Fier who listened to TrevorNetwork's excuses for two years and in the end couldn't do anything to get his baby Orpheus back.

Dec 1, 2007 at 8:20 PM Post #5 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Remember that the statute of limitations for this is 2 years. Don't let this end up like the Head-Fier who listened to TrevorNetwork's excuses for two years and in the end couldn't do anything to get his baby Orpheus back.

More information on this story? Sounds interesting.

Good luck getting your amp. You are right in making a thread, and I hope you get the amp soon. kin0kin has probably just been tied up with work, I would hope.

Dec 2, 2007 at 7:53 AM Post #6 of 37
Hi, Wee Sim, I havn't talked to Kin for quite a while since I'm pretty busy with my new job in Calgary these months. Kin is one of my best friends in Halifax and we graduated together. He is a good guy and a worthy good friend of mine. I trust him. The last email I got from him was on Nov. 16 about a request of my current contact information. He may be very busy moving out the city for his new career. I will try to reach him for you guys and will post back here when I get back from him. He is a guy that I can trust.

Dec 2, 2007 at 1:17 PM Post #7 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by edisonwu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, Wee Sim, I havn't talked to Kin for quite a while since I'm pretty busy with my new job in Calgary these months. Kin is one of my best friends in Halifax and we graduated together. He is a good guy and a worthy good friend of mine. I trust him. The last email I got from him was on Nov. 16 about a request of my current contact information. He may be very busy moving out the city for his new career. I will try to reach him for you guys and will post back here when I get back from him. He is a guy that I can trust.

i received the mail too, and i did reply. so he's moving out huh?

anyway, glad to hear from you. thanks a lot

Dec 5, 2007 at 1:22 PM Post #8 of 37
Any updates on this?
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 17, 2007 at 1:39 PM Post #10 of 37
Okay,

So nobody can reach him right now. I tried asking edisonwu to get in touch with him but apparently he can't as well.

I'm not sure what I should do at this point. Has something happened or is he just not replying??

Should I file a PayPal report? But that's not even his PayPal account.. Is that option even possible right now?

Dec 17, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #11 of 37
Post his real name here along with his last known place of residence. The first task is to find him (you'll need to do this to serve him with a statement of claim). Head-Fiers in various places in Canada (and perhaps elsewhere... has he skipped the country?) can look him up in their local phonebook and see if he's listed. It doesn't sound like he has a very common name.

Dec 17, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #12 of 37
At this point, Paypal won't do anything for you (I'm assuming it's past the 45 days since you sent the payment to him). Your best hope is to find him, and then get some sort of resolution.

Dec 17, 2007 at 5:00 PM Post #13 of 37
Hmm, I'll give it another week before I post up everything to find him. It's getting a bit worrying and edisonwu can't get in touch with him as well.

Since I know him enough (I guess), and I have dealt with him before (not my first time), and we are from the same country of origin, I guess I'm not too hasty on this matter.

Yeah, another week I guess, next Monday.

Dec 26, 2007 at 8:05 PM Post #14 of 37
I wanted to wait after Christmas to reply to this thread because it kinda ruins the Christmas spirit.

So here it is. I called his Canadian mobile because I have his number, but he isn't picking up. I called on Sunday at 12am GMT.

Since he's not picking up, I looked up his parents in the Malaysian yellow pages and I have a number. Should I call that number as well?

Don't know what to do, kinda stumped, and I feel like I'm overreacting when clearly I'm not.

Dec 26, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #15 of 37
My opinion - use every kind of communication.. it is his responsibility (I have experience in other case)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back