Found new IEM's
Mar 4, 2007 at 4:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

lwrs10

100+ Head-Fier
I ran up to Seoul in Korea today and to my enjoyment they have a heaphone shop there. Had about everything you can think of on a wall to try out. Spent about 3 hours trying different headphones, and found one that seems that it isn't well known....and they rock.

AKG324P.......they have the same exact construction and the Sennhieser CX300's, but have a different driver. I have used my 300's for about 6 months now and the sound was alright, but the down right portablity of these thigs is awesome....I just wad em up in my pocket and not single problem.

Where the 300's have a "muddy" problem with the mids and lows, the AKG's seem to clear all this up. and the 300's highs were almost non existant. Not so with the AKG's. Hooked em up to a little pocket amp they had, and they just sounded even better. I bought the E4c's a few days ago and feel these little $60 things make the Shures tuck tail.....could just be my taste...

Oh and that little pocket amp i got is a Xenos....and this little thing rocks to me....for $55...really makes all my 'phones sound better...

Anyone else seen these little headphones? I know they are a knockoff of the Senn's, but they sure sound alot better. They have different specs as far as impedence and spl, so they have to have a different driver correct? My ears say they do....

Mar 4, 2007 at 4:17 PM Post #2 of 12
I have mentioned this earliet, but local tech magazine Tekniikan Maailma reviewed few IEMs, and commented on JBL220, CX300 and K324P that they are so similar in sound that they are like from same breed. And they are true, they are made in same factory IIRC.

Mar 4, 2007 at 4:26 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by lwrs10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ran up to Soeul in Korea today and to my enjoyment they have a heaphone shop there. Had about everything you can think of on a wall to try out.

lwrs10, I flying to Seoul next week. Can you tell me exactly where this shop is?

Thanks!

Mar 4, 2007 at 4:26 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have mentioned this earliet, but local tech magazine Tekniikan Maailma reviewed few IEMs, and commented on JBL220, CX300 and K324P that they are so similar in sound that they are like from same breed. And they are true, they are made in same factory IIRC.

i can tell you right now there is a huge difference in sound....just let someone compare that I work with that still uses the stock ipod buds, by no means someone that even knows a little about quality sound, and he said he can tell a huge difference also......

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcmo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lwrs10, I flying to Seoul next week. Can you tell me exactly where this shop is?

Thanks!

at the Yongson train station there is an 8 story electronics flea market.....no kidding....theres really 3-4 heaphone shops there, but only one is big enough to turn around in..lol....its on the 7th floor..cant miss it

Mar 4, 2007 at 4:56 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by lwrs10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i can tell you right now there is a huge difference in sound....just let someone compare that I work with that still uses the stock ipod buds, by no means someone that even knows a little about quality sound, and he said he can tell a huge difference also......

at the Yongson train station there is an 8 story electronics flea market.....no kidding....theres really 3-4 heaphone shops there, but only one is big enough to turn around in..lol....its on the 7th floor..cant miss it

Do you mind buying more for us international people and putting them up at Ebay?
icon10.gif

I'm currently bidding on an authentic pair of Cx300s costing $26 so please make it less than that.
280smile.gif
280smile.gif

Mar 4, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you mind buying more for us international people and putting them up at Ebay?
icon10.gif

I'm currently bidding on an authentic pair of Cx300s costing $26 so please make it less than that.
280smile.gif
280smile.gif

lol...the cx300's retail here are $79 and the 324p's are $59...so ebay seems like the right place for you right now.....or i bought mine from amazon.com....if you want them new for a decent price...

on a side note i just broke out the trusty fluke multimeter and it seems the cx300's ohm out at right at 30ohms and the 324p's ohm out at 17ohms.....i am now for certain they have different drivers now....

Mar 4, 2007 at 5:32 PM Post #7 of 12
Hi good to see a review on these. I have been very intersted in these since they showed up on akg's website. However i have never been able to find them for sale in the USA. Idont see them on amazon, at least not under the several searches i did. DO you have any idea where to get a pair of the 324p's? Thanks.

Mar 4, 2007 at 5:41 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ramw5p /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi good to see a review on these. I have been very intersted in these since they showed up on akg's website. However i have never been able to find them for sale in the USA. Idont see them on amazon, at least not under the several searches i did. DO you have any idea where to get a pair of the 324p's? Thanks.

just did a search for them and the only place i found that sells them is amazon.de. not for sure what country that is....i just bought them right off the shelf here....

Mar 4, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not that Tekniikan Maailma was a poor magazine but I don't really trust 100% to their reviews dealing with something other than cars. I have seen a few reviews in same kind of magazines and in those some 1000 bucks home theaters have been said to be the best what you can get.

But still I would be intrested in reading that article and all other articles dealing with headphones.
biggrin.gif
So do you remember in which number was that review?

Mar 5, 2007 at 12:43 AM Post #11 of 12
Yeah I saw these for sale in Singapore @ Hung Bros in Sim Lim. They certainly were packaged better than the Senns/Creative.

Was also wondering if they had a vastly different signature than the Senns, which I have owned in the past before my gf stole them!

I'd buy a pair to try out, but I've just found nirvana with my ER6i and Shure soft flex sleeves.. finally some groove going on!
etysmile.gif

Mar 5, 2007 at 7:17 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by klagerbl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not that Tekniikan Maailma was a poor magazine but I don't really trust 100% to their reviews dealing with something other than cars. I have seen a few reviews in same kind of magazines and in those some 1000 bucks home theaters have been said to be the best what you can get.

But still I would be intrested in reading that article and all other articles dealing with headphones.
biggrin.gif
So do you remember in which number was that review?

Number 2. This years february. Yes, they arent exactly audiophiles, but they do now some of their audio. They got to be quite similar if they are bold enough to make a statement like that. Notice that they didnt say that they were EXACTLY similar, just very similar like they would be from same breed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back