Found my rock phones
Sep 15, 2005 at 11:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

South_Korean

1000+ Head-Fier
well for now that is
very_evil_smiley.gif

Luidge and i traded headphones, his PX100's for my used HD212's. and wow, these are as clear as my eggos were. i love the detail and dont really mind the lack of bass quantity but its still there. the open design is very different compared to closed, its not "airy" but i really like the sound that comes out of these things. i think the vocals need a bit of help so i kind of modified the equalizer ( i know, ew). with this it really helped bring forward the highs and mids a bit more and the bass is a bit better.

heres what my foobar looks like:

0 -3 -6 -8 -6 -4 -2 -0 -2 -4 -6 -8 -9 -7 -5 -3 -2 -1

a bit extreme i think but it helps.
for decent volume i need to put it above average out of my CD player but still sounds awesome, strings are very detailed, i can hear the flicking noise. when bass boosted these things have a surprising amount of bass that is pushed through. im very happy about these. thanks Luidge!!!! hope you get your headphones soon!!

Sep 15, 2005 at 11:35 PM Post #4 of 22
yep, this is the first headphone that doesnt make me look dumb lol.

and to the person above, i have no clue what you wrote cuz i cant read korean.

Sep 15, 2005 at 11:49 PM Post #5 of 22
There is nothing better than a Head-Fier who is happy with his gear, but I will make this recommendation. If you are happy with the PX-100s for rock, when you have a chance, try some Grado SR-60s. They may not look cool, but they will open up your music even more, and with the right pads, add back the bass that the PX-100s are missing. And yes, I do have a pair of PX-100 around somehwere, but they don't get much use with my Grados around.

Sep 16, 2005 at 12:09 AM Post #6 of 22
haha well i was hoping for a used pair of SR60's before but Luidge came to me with a PX100 instead so i just took it. i may upgrade sometime in the future.

Sep 16, 2005 at 12:11 AM Post #7 of 22
If you find a good deal on SR-60s, don't hesitate. They are killer cans and possibly the best deal anywhere, even brand new at $69. Even if you don't like them, you can probably resell them hear for what you pay for them.

Sep 16, 2005 at 12:12 AM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by kero1017
락에는 그라도가 최곤데

babelfish = To Rag him most the place where it boils

whatever that means
confused.gif

the sr60 totally trash the px100. but px100 is indeed a freaking fun portable phone....really upfront for a Senn and the bass...yummy

Sep 16, 2005 at 12:22 AM Post #9 of 22
I have been looking at Senns for a pair of cans. I listen to rock so thanks fo the info.

Sep 16, 2005 at 12:42 AM Post #10 of 22
Own a pair and they definitely are some of the better headphones on the lower end...

But, my question is for all those touting the SR-60s...

Does the harshness of the sound not bother you?

They fatigue my ears so much whenever I use them.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem or am I the only one that has noticed this?

Sep 16, 2005 at 1:36 AM Post #11 of 22
Solution to the SR-60 harshness problem (although I don't think it is a problem) is two fold.

1. Spend more time with them, they will ease up, and you will grow acustomed to the sound.

2. Do the Senn HD-414 pad reverse mod. Do a search through the forum for directions or I can send mine to you if you wish (pm me for a copy).

Sep 16, 2005 at 1:44 AM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Remedial
Own a pair and they definitely are some of the better headphones on the lower end...

But, my question is for all those touting the SR-60s...

Does the harshness of the sound not bother you?

They fatigue my ears so much whenever I use them.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem or am I the only one that has noticed this?

I can see that there is no way you would love Grados
biggrin.gif
if you think the sr60 is harsh....I doubt you'd ever consider the higher end ones.

no, the sr60 is not a single bit harsh to me. Instead of harsh, bright, piercing, whatever you wanna call it, I find the px100 to be, dark, compressed, muffled, in comparison. but, if you had never listened to the sr60, they sound ok
biggrin.gif

Sep 16, 2005 at 2:18 AM Post #13 of 22
px100s... lacking...bass? o_O

I too find the sr60s very bright and harsh. the 60s and the 80s are the brightest in the entire line.

the px100 is the only headphone I still use, excellent for the money

jesse

Sep 16, 2005 at 2:59 AM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by South_Korean
yep, this is the first headphone that doesnt make me look dumb lol.

and to the person above, i have no clue what you wrote cuz i cant read korean.

That's just a tad bit ironic, aye?
tongue.gif

J/k

Sep 16, 2005 at 3:20 AM Post #15 of 22
LOL funny.

"to rag him most the place where it boils".....? do you mean that as a good thing? meaning to tend to the places where it needs tending to? What i dont get it. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back