Found my cure for audio addiction...
Nov 4, 2007 at 3:09 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
congrats! a new car just about tops the list of "sweet toys". I hate to admit it but I'm a bit jealous that all the new cars are getting more and more powerful. 250 hp is considered standard for a grocery getter nowadays. If I'm not mistaken, yours puts out closer to 350? Look back 10 years and these kind of numbers on a sports car were impressive.

Its 330 hp. I agree with you on the hp increases. The only one near it from the 90s in the same price range would be the Supra Turbo that put out 320. If they still made them, I'd be hard pressed to say I wouldn't buy one. The wierd thing about it is, this car has more hp and better gas milage than the G35. I think future cars are going to go towards direct injection. I know Ferrari has been messing around with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akathisia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If that car is anything like the first iteration G35 with the Brembo package, it will be fun car to drive. Did you get a standard or automatic gearbox?

I got the 6 speed manual. I demo'd the auto, but this car really needs a manual to take full advantage...plus the auto is a 5 speed
wink.gif
. Infiniti went with Akebono this time around for the brake system as they found their system a bit better than the older Brembo system. 4 piston front, 2 piston rear...14" front rotors, 13.8" rear rotors.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are you trying to get flamed?????

imho you made a mistake with the factory audio

I don't see how.
confused.gif
My comes with the Premium package. With everything incorporated including voice recognition for my audio/climate control/navigation, you can't switch out the head unit unless you give up steering wheel controls and basically every other integrated function...which btw would be completely a waste imo. The speakers on the other hand are easily swappable and may or may not get upgraded in the future. I've had plenty of aftermarket stereo stuff on my old car, and let me tell you that this stock system is no slouch (hell...it comes with 2 10s on the side of the doors from the factory). Bose speakers have a much different reputation than their headphones. To beat the stock system, in terms of the LCD, speakers, head unit, etc etc...you're gonna be spending some serious cash.

Nov 4, 2007 at 3:31 PM Post #17 of 19
Congrats man! Very nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back