Found Good Deal on Senn. PX100's
Sep 9, 2005 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

jmb

100+ Head-Fier
I got in contact with Brian Dunn of mvheadphones.com after I had lost an eBay auction on a pair Sennheiser PX100's he was selling and he offered me deal on them through his website, so I went ahead and bought them. It's the best price I have seen on the net so far for a new pair. Part of the email he wrote to me said:

Quote:

Just add the PX 100 to your cart and, when entering billing info, add the discount code "px100viveros" (without quotes). This will give you a net price of $43 (the cart will calculate $39 for the headphones and $4 for shipping)

You'll also see an offer of "free earbuds" with the PX-100 -- unfortunately, that offer isn't valid with other offers like the discount on the PX100, so that won't apply to this transaction. (If you're interested in the MX400 earbuds, though, the offer on the site is a pretty good deal -- $49.99 for both the PX100 and MX400.)

Also, the px100viveros discount code will remain valid through the end of October, so if you know anyone else who might be interested in picking up a pair, feel free to pass along the code.

I was tempted to just go for the PX100/MX400 deal, but I really just wanted to get the PX100's.

I have been abe to to find PX100's for around $45 dollars (includes shipping) on the net, so his price is a couple of bucks cheaper than most. He seems like a pretty decent guy and has been great. Hopefully, he'll offer more discounts in the future if we can bring him into the Head-Fi fold.

Sep 10, 2005 at 2:21 AM Post #2 of 19
bump
plainface.gif

Sep 10, 2005 at 4:15 AM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Pants
meh, nothin' too special. you can find cheaper on Froogle, and i just found these (through Froogle) on comp-u-plus for $35 (http://tinyurl.com/axmsa)

Consider shipping cost too. I also considered comp-u-plus for my purchase, but their cheapest shipping option is $9.95 (UPS Ground).

Total cost at comp-u-plus: $44.95

mvheadphones total (USPS Priority): $43.00

It's not a huge savings, but it is the cheapest I have found.

Plus, I think Brian is a great guy. He has treated me great, answered all my e-mails, and gave me a deal, when he is making more selling them on eBay.

Also, he is trying to become a Head-fi sponsor (Hey Jude, drop him a line) and his inventory shows he knows good headphones.

I thought people might want to get the discount code. Our hobby is very expensive. Any savings that can be found is a plus in my book. Plus, I like the idea of supporting a small ebusiness that seems to know good headphones and wants to help sponsor these fantastic boards.

Sep 10, 2005 at 12:05 PM Post #5 of 19
Great sounding, little, truely portable, cans at a good price. J&R had them at one time for $39.95 plus $5 shipping. This is a little better deal. I need to buy another pair for just in case. These are all you need with an iPod (set EQ to JAZZ). Cheers!

Sep 10, 2005 at 12:38 PM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyjames8
Great sounding, little, truely portable, cans at a good price. J&R had them at one time for $39.95 plus $5 shipping. This is a little better deal. I need to buy another pair for just in case. These are all you need with an iPod (set EQ to JAZZ). Cheers!

I'm excited to test drive mine for the first time. Brian said I might get them as early as Monday. Crossing my fingers.

I just wish my wife didn't have my Karma at the moment. I hope they match well.

Sep 10, 2005 at 2:21 PM Post #7 of 19
I picked mine up at J&R for $39.99 + tax last Monday. Walked in, gave 'em a listen (compared them to the PX 200) and scored. Instant gratification works big time, one of the perks of living in NYC. Going to decide today whether to keep them or not.

Sep 10, 2005 at 9:02 PM Post #8 of 19
If I lived in a city that had as many High End audio salons, J&R and Tower Records, and great restaurants and deli's, as NYC, I would be broke all the time instead of most of the time and weigh 400#'s.

LUV my PX100's and I am going to have to buy another pair. Should I get the free ear bud deal or cheaper PX100 deal? Hmmm!

Sep 10, 2005 at 10:28 PM Post #9 of 19
The PX100's are awesome. I got a hardly used pair off a fellow HeadFier for $30 shipped, best money I ever spent. I love the warm sound... sounds great unamped from my iPod.

Sep 12, 2005 at 7:20 AM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_X
The PX100's are awesome. I got a hardly used pair off a fellow HeadFier for $30 shipped, best money I ever spent. I love the warm sound... sounds great unamped from my iPod.

Just sold my HD497's, which I loved. I am sure that the PX100's will not be as good, but I am still hoping for that typical laidback warm Sennheiser sound in a far more portable and cooler looking set-up.
cool.gif

Man I hope they get here tomorrow!!!!

Sep 12, 2005 at 8:14 AM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmb
Just sold my HD497's, which I loved. I am sure that the PX100's will not be as good, but I am still hoping for that typical laidback warm Sennheiser sound in a far more portable and cooler looking set-up.
cool.gif

Man I hope they get here tomorrow!!!!

You sold your 497's which you love and downgrade to a PX100? Looks are really important!
tongue.gif

Yeah you are gonna get the typical laidback Senn sound. They make certain rock/metal songs sound mellow.

The bass is awesome. Hard to believe that such little ear cups and drivers can produce that much bass.

Sep 12, 2005 at 8:21 AM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by afbug
You sold your 497's which you love and downgrade to a PX100? Looks are really important!
tongue.gif

It not so much a looks issue as a portability issue. They PX100's are design for portability and are loved by many for thier portability and thier unamped sound quality.

I hated to part with the 497's, but I plan on getting a pair of HD555's in the future. They surpass the 497's in sound quality and will become my home use amped headphone.

Sep 13, 2005 at 1:12 AM Post #13 of 19
THE PX100'S HAVE ARRIVED!
biggrin.gif

Just as Brian (mvheadphone.com) promised.

First impressions:

1. Love the way they look...simple and low key.
2. Feel very sturdy, though the drivers/earpads could probably pop out fairly easily if not careful
3. They fit snugly, comfortablely, and are very easy to position properly.
4. Size is perfect for portability and I can just slide them off and let them rest on my neck comfortablely
5. The case they came with is great. Perfect if you need to pack them away when traveling. I won't use it much, as my neck will be my headphone stand for these cans.

Will give my impressions on sound quality in the Karma thread I resurrected, once they and my ears have had a chance to break in and I get my Karma back.

So far though...I have been listining to The Bave Brubeck Quartet's "Time Out"
through my D-FJ401 (line out --> Supermini), and loving them.
biggrin.gif
Will test with other genres throughout the night. Right now I am in a jazz mood.

Sep 13, 2005 at 1:44 AM Post #14 of 19
Hmm thanks for the link, my dad needs something like the PX100's, and I need the MX400's for myself, so this deal should work out cheaper then buying them separately, right?
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 13, 2005 at 2:37 AM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by steel102
Hmm thanks for the link, my dad needs something like the PX100's, and I need the MX400's for myself, so this deal should work out cheaper then buying them separately, right?
smily_headphones1.gif

The total price (with shipping) will be $53.99 (USPS First Class).

If you bought them seperately they would cost around $60.

It's a good deal. I did the research using froogle, bizrate, and yahoo shopping.

I would have gone for the deal for myself, but I just wanted the PX100's. I'm not a big fan of earbuds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back