FOUND: Bamboo Earbuds - Amadana PE-117
Aug 22, 2011 at 6:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bgrymes

New Head-Fier
I'm new to the forums here. No need to be nice, but I am curious about a set of earphones I've had laying around. Some time ago I was gifted a set of Amadana PE-117 bamboo headphones. I put them in, realized I hate in-ear earphones just like I do every time I throw in an earbud, and ever since they have sat in their box. Do I have anything exciting here? Info on the internet is either dated of in Japanese. A listing for a set just went up on eBay for $733--that seems like madness. Anyhow, if you feel like chiming in, or hell, want to buy them, let me know.

Aug 22, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #2 of 3
Googling it up and reading some articles, nothing really special seemed to come up. They're just IEMs developed in Japan for smaller sized ears with a bamboo design. And the SQ is very bass heavy supposedly. Don't know why you saw them for $700, I looked through some websites and they are ~$190 ish. (EDIT: $100 used on amazon) Seems your post is the only one about these headphones so I doubt many head-fiers will just splurge on random IEM's + the fact that the SQ is bass heavy. 

By no means am I an expert audiophile or anything, but wanted to help anyway. 

p.s. why do you hate IEM's ? If it's the ear tips that keep falling out, try Sony Hybrids/Comply Foam Tips/Shure Olives

ANOTHER EDIT: on the actually amadana website, the retail at highest is like 21,000 yen which is $274, so the street price is around $100-200. 

hope I helped. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back