Found a great use for socks
Dec 18, 2009 at 5:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Pageygeeza

100+ Head-Fier
I was originally looking for something to stick my iPod and CmoyBB into and was looking at bands, but ordering them seems too much hassle. So I thought about the original iPod socks, but they are a major rip-off. Then I had the brainwave of using kids socks, (the liner ones that stop at the ankle.) 10 socks for £4, so that's a bit of a bargain.
biggrin.gif

Also folding the heel down and sewing it to the sock makes it look like a hoodie.
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 18, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #2 of 9
Yeah, they are quite versatile indeed!
smile.gif

I use ankle-socks to organize headphone cables. Just wrap the up cable cleanly and place it in a sock.

Edit. Now with pictures.

Before:

After:

Dec 18, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pageygeeza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was originally looking for something to stick my iPod and CmoyBB into and was looking at bands, but ordering them seems too much hassle. So I thought about the original iPod socks, but they are a major rip-off. Then I had the brainwave of using kids socks, (the liner ones that stop at the ankle.) 10 socks for £4, so that's a bit of a bargain.
biggrin.gif

Also folding the heel down and sewing it to the sock makes it look like a hoodie.
ksc75smile.gif

Hmmm. It's missing something.

Found it - you can sew this on the front of the sock for authenticity:

H959.jpg

Dec 18, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #8 of 9
I've been using lone socks for years now to hold various items. My wireless mouse, usb dac, ksc75, sunglasses, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back