Found a great CD for Rossini fans. Great sound engineering.
Aug 11, 2001 at 11:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

beowulf

Headphoneus Supremus
I got Naxos' version of Tancredi with Sumi Jo and Ewa Podles, based on excellent reviews from a few classical music magazines.

To my suprise, this version has really excellent sound engineering. I have lots of Naxos, they are mostly good sounding, but not all excel.

This recording has an amazing soundstage, full of perspective, and Sumi and Ewa sound incredibly natural and melodic. Ignore your prejudice against budget versions (if you have one) and get this, you won't regret it.

While writing now I'm listening with a Matsu****a CT470 (with no additional amplification) and the Sony MDR-CD3000, and I am pretty convinced that this one will end up in my Top 15 list of "best sounding classical CDs" (I own about 200). Now that I think about it, I don't think I have listened to any recordings in the last 2 weeks that have left me with that "feel like closing my eyes and listening" feeling... well, this one does get me in that mood.
smily_headphones1.gif

Drat... this CT470 is sounding so good that I am so tempted to spit out the $120 they cost here to buy one for myself (I keep borrowing my dad's... I guess he never gets to use it haha)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back