Found a cure for my upgrade-itus
Mar 14, 2006 at 4:26 AM Post #184 of 210
Some good recommendations in this thread already. I could go on all night but heres one quintessential album you must have.

Beck - Sea Change

Lush acoustic strumming, delicate strings and warm synths. Heartbreaking, desolate and strangely endearing. Perfect listening for a rainy day or cold winter's night.

Mar 14, 2006 at 5:01 AM Post #185 of 210
I have two to recommend: one is free, on the internet, from its artists: the Smashing Pumpkins' Machina II: the Friends and Enemies of Modern Music, and the three EPs that go along with it. The second is The Mars Volta's De-Loused in the Comatorium. Another recommendation I have is buying your CDs over Amazon's Used & New function. WAAAY cheaper.

Mar 14, 2006 at 10:04 AM Post #186 of 210
Rodrigo Y Gabriela -Live in Manchester and Dublin or Rodrigo Y Gabriela (new release)
I think everyone out there should have a listen to these guys they are absolutley incredible and live they will blow you away.Its very hard to pigeon hole there music but its basically all done on acoustic guitars with influences of heavy metal,flamenco,jazz.....with all percussion done on the guitar too.I cant stress enough that i think it is i think all music lovers should check them out.Im going to see them live on 22nd cant wait.
If you google them you should be able to to get a few differnet examples of their music------------HIGHLY RECOMMENDEd-------or www.rodgab.com

May 9, 2006 at 6:52 PM Post #187 of 210
Venetian Snares - Songs about my cats

It's REALLY fast noisy rough electronic lunacy, but it is also absolute genius and can be stunningly beautiful, might try for the MP3s first just in case it's not your cup of tea.

May 9, 2006 at 7:47 PM Post #188 of 210
3 things to say so will provide 3 CD's that are must owns too..

You have more of a grip on reality than most people into sound
You seem to leaning towards obtaing new tunes as opposed to upgrading all to crap, well done,
You seem to be into several of the bands I enjoy as well,

Try these..
Dead Can Dance - Spritual
Shpongle- Are you Shpongled
The Vaselines - Way of the Vaselines

May 9, 2006 at 8:15 PM Post #190 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
not really a cure, you're spending the same amount of money anyways...

I think you've missed the point of the thread

May 9, 2006 at 8:52 PM Post #191 of 210
Pink Martini: Hold on Little Tomato
Beautiful South: The Best of the Beautiful South, 0898, Gaze, Golddiggas
Queens Greatest Hits
Ryuichi Sakamoto: Mototronic and Heartbeat

May 9, 2006 at 9:46 PM Post #192 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
not really a cure, you're spending the same amount of money anyways...

thought he was emphasizing that spending on music is a better investment/tradeoff for this person in particular, which is from his vantage point...

also noticed you fortgot to list a CD as the thread suggested, so will offer one for Oistrakh!
smily_headphones1.gif

Radiohead - bootleg from Japan (blue white cover) 2005 release part live/studio

Cool thread!!

May 10, 2006 at 12:24 AM Post #194 of 210
For Jazz, if I had to have one album: A Love Supreme, John Coltrane. It is intensely spiritual and beautiful.

Someone may well have listed this already, in which case I will recommend Thelonius Monk's most well-regarded (best?) album: Brilliant Corners.

May 10, 2006 at 12:33 AM Post #195 of 210
Safri Duo - "Crazy Benny", "Rise", "samb adagio (original club version)", "Played-A-Live (Spanish Fly Remix)"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back