Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Audio Technica M50x

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 23, 2017 at 11:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Rodoruffo

New Head-Fier
I just want to know your opinion regarding this 2 headphones. I'm new to the audiophile world but I had done my research and stumbled between this 2 headphones. Currently, I use the V-Moda Crossfade LP and I want to upgrade and try other brands.
I want to know the experience of users who owned the Fostex T50RP MK3 or Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro or both. I know that there are better headphones out there but my budget is limited so at this price range, can you recommend other brands? Which is better on overall sound quality? Fostex T50RP or Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro?

My gear:
DAP: Fiio X3 Second Generation
AMP: Fiio A3 Kilimanjaro 2 (E11k)

Thank you.

May 23, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #2 of 14
I wouldn't recommend the T50RP unless you want to mod them. If you want to mod them, they are a great pair of headphone. If you don't, go with the DT990.

May 23, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #3 of 14
I wouldn't recommend the T50RP unless you want to mod them. If you want to mod them, they are a great pair of headphone. If you don't, go with the DT990.
I will not mod the T50RP's internals but I will Change the ear pads and cable because I saw other reviewers doing that. Would it sound better than any other headphones on this price range?

May 23, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #4 of 14
I will not mod the T50RP's internals but I will Change the ear pads and cable because I saw other reviewers doing that. Would it sound better than any other headphones on this price range?

I would not say so, no. The DT990 are going to sound better, IMO. Also the Senn HD598/599 both sound very good in this price range. You might also look into a DT880, which is more neutral than the DT990 is and which also sounds better probably than the un-modded T50RP. Just my opinions, others may disagree. YMMV. FWIW.

May 23, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #5 of 14

I wouldn't say you need to go so far as to mod the driver, as if you aren't careful you may brick your driver, but I would at least recommend to do the dampening mods and change the pads. Changing the cable for the T50RP is more for comfort than anything. The stock cable is horrid.

May 24, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #6 of 14
I wouldn't say you need to go so far as to mod the driver, as if you aren't careful you may brick your driver, but I would at least recommend to do the dampening mods and change the pads. Changing the cable for the T50RP is more for comfort than anything. The stock cable is horrid.
Maybe I'll not consider the T50RP then because I now nothing about modding headphones, I heard that bluedio victory or ufo plus is okay too.

May 24, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #7 of 14
I would not say so, no. The DT990 are going to sound better, IMO. Also the Senn HD598/599 both sound very good in this price range. You might also look into a DT880, which is more neutral than the DT990 is and which also sounds better probably than the un-modded T50RP. Just my opinions, others may disagree. YMMV. FWIW.
I'll try to research about the DT880, I thought DT990 pro was good overall because its a "higher" version of DT880 and DT770. You heard about the Bluedio Victory or Ufo's?

May 24, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #8 of 14
I'll try to research about the DT880, I thought DT990 pro was good overall because its a "higher" version of DT880 and DT770. You heard about the Bluedio Victory or Ufo's?

The Beyerdynamic model numbers do not mean they are higer, they are different acoustic designs, DT770 = closed, DT880 = Semi-Open back, DT990 = Open back

May 24, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #9 of 14
Maybe I'll not consider the T50RP then because I now nothing about modding headphones, I heard that bluedio victory or ufo plus is okay too.

Don't let the modding deter you! It may sound hard but there are alot of guides out there and the mods are relatively easy to do!

May 24, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #10 of 14
Don't let the modding deter you! It may sound hard but there are alot of guides out there and the mods are relatively easy to do!
I will give it a shot if i have time and research more about it. Maybe the T50 RP will be worth it like other reviewers said on youtube. I must audition this two in order to compare them. But still I'm not an audiophile to hear the little differences between them haha

May 27, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #12 of 14
I will give it a shot if i have time and research more about it. Maybe the T50 RP will be worth it like other reviewers said on youtube. I must audition this two in order to compare them. But still I'm not an audiophile to hear the little differences between them haha
You don't need to be an audiophile to hear the difference. Just prepare songs of different genre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back