Fostex TH900mk2 Onyx Black
Feb 16, 2024 at 4:12 PM Post #16 of 18
Per qua2k in this Reddit thread, the Onyx cans are the same as the red and green.

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/s/B4BMHWhaq2
My comment was relating to the Russian Black model of the TH900 MK1 (non detachable cable). The new Onyx Black MK2 I would assume would have the Anniversary tuning, similar to all of the other recent color variations since the Sapphire but I do not know for certain.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2024 at 4:16 PM Post #17 of 18
My comment was relating to the Russian Black model of the TH900 MK1 (non detachable cable). The new Onyx Black MK2 I would assume would have the Anniversary tuning, similar to all of the other recent color variations since the Sapphire but I do not know for certain.
Gotchya. TIL. And what are the odds of you stumbling upon this? LOL.

Feb 16, 2024 at 4:17 PM Post #18 of 18
Gotchya. TIL. And what are the odds of you stumbling upon this? LOL.
I was just browsing, haha :) I have a friend that is semi looking for a Onyx Black but not ready to pay full retail just yet. I am still quite happy with my Emerald.

I do have a pair of the wooden cups that the Russian Black MK1 came with (courtesy of @unuselessness ). They are jet black with no wood grain and no silver flaking on the cups. The Fostex logo, however, is the same silver as the red cups.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back