Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
May 8, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #12,931 of 18,765
Finally get my hands on the th 900. coming from th 600 i will say that the difference is immense. I'm so mindblown by how the th 900 sounds. lows hits lower and deeper. punchier with more detail and texture. highs goes even more extended. imaging and staging improve vastly. details revealed so much more. compared to the 900 the 600's sounded veil and dull. So glad I decided to upgrade to the  900.

May 8, 2016 at 4:21 AM Post #12,932 of 18,765
Absolutely!

I feel like the TH900 has taken a slight back seat on HF to the THX00's because they are the FOTM, the new kid on the block. But when you listen to them both, the differences are major. It's nice to be able to try them both and see for yourself.

TH900 is a very special headphone that is simply beautiful in both sound and in form.

May 8, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #12,933 of 18,765
I also agree with all of the differences you noted by upgrading.

Lows, details, resolution, soundstage, extension, clarity, sparkle, it's all there.

Also the clean, black silent background these have is great. It's both technically great and a pleasure to listen to as well!

May 8, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #12,936 of 18,765
folks are allowed to prefer the thx00 to the th900

I am not talking about those who straight out saying "my preferences !" I prefer my Prius over a La-Ferrari. I prefer Koss Porta Pro over my TH900 :D. I also prefer my old wife to the younger super models....if I was ever to have one offered to me LOL

May 8, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #12,937 of 18,765
their opinions then. they're allowed to think that the thx00 comes close to or sounds "better" than the th900. if they think that it does sound "better", then chances are they'll prefer it.

May 8, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #12,940 of 18,765
I think people are allowed to "like" the TH-X00 more, but I'm not sure they can say that it's "better". Saying something is "better than" something else implies it's better objectively (and therefore technically), which it isn't. 

May 8, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #12,942 of 18,765
  Absolutely!

I feel like the TH900 has taken a slight back seat on HF to the THX00's because they are the FOTM, the new kid on the block. But when you listen to them both, the differences are major. It's nice to be able to try them both and see for yourself.

TH900 is a very special headphone that is simply beautiful in both sound and in form.

Now, imagines how people keep hyping on Fostex th-x00 to be close or better than th900 ? Unless Fostex has a dumb CEO, but it doesn't look like that to me

Yep, even at half price the new kid on the block will surely be better ... for a while, it all passes given some time here. 
biggrin.gif

Also, a new identical TH-900 with detachable cables certainly is no marketing trick and one more weak link will certainly make it sound better. 
Hell, I'm gonna put coonnectors in my cables every few inches now I know that! 
size]

No, seriously, if there would be anything different and better to the 900 V2 I'd buy it and hardwire it.
But then again I don't have a TH-900 anymore, became redundant somehow having a full bodied LA-900 with the right mids.

I am not talking about those who straight out saying "my preferences !" I prefer my Prius over a La-Ferrari. I prefer Koss Porta Pro over my TH900
biggrin.gif
. I also prefer my old wife to the younger super models....if I was ever to have one offered to me LOL

Gimme an M5 a Hellcat Or GT-R Nismo any day, much more endagme than a La-Ferrari to me! Although the Prius makes me wonder though. :wink:

Oh, and you know you can tade in a 40 year old wife for 2 20 year old ones do you? 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back