FOSTEX TH600 in the house!
Apr 11, 2013 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
The NEW Fostex TH600 are here and ready to ship. Free Fed Ex Overnight shipping in the USA! Order now and get this great new closed headphone on your ears right away.

The TH600 is very close to the TH900 in sound quality. If you have been waiting for a good audiophile closed headphone at a more affordable price (compared to the TH900) here it is.

The TH600

Type:    Dynamic
Driver:    50mm dia Nd magnet / bio-dynamic diaphragm
Impedance:    25 ohm
Sensitivity:    94dB / mW
Maximum Input:    1,800 mW
Reproduction Frequency:    5 – 45k Hz
Weight:    370g (excluding the cord)
Cord:    3m Y type
Plug:    6.3mm dia gold coating stereo phone plug

Todd

Call Us for all YOUR headphone needs - you won't regret it!
406-285-3910 or toll free at 866-444-3910

Apr 12, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #2 of 7
I've owned both the TH900 and TH600, and I can attest to the fact that they are pretty close to each other in sonics. The TH600 is really an excellent headphone with a slightly bassy but very clean sounding signature like its older sibling. Not sure if this is just me, but I actually hear the TH600 as slightly more balanced in FR than the TH900.

Either way, one of my favorite closed dynamic headphones of all time. I'm glad these are being made available outside of Japan.

Plus that all-black housing is just sexy. Looks much nicer in person than in photos.

Apr 12, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
I've owned both the TH900 and TH600, and I can attest to the fact that they are pretty close to each other in sonics. The TH600 is really an excellent headphone with a slightly bassy but very clean sounding signature like its older sibling. Not sure if this is just me, but I actually hear the TH600 as slightly more balanced in FR than the TH900.

Either way, one of my favorite closed dynamic headphones of all time. I'm glad these are being made available outside of Japan.

Plus that all-black housing is just sexy. Looks much nicer in person than in photos.

How is the isolation on the TH600's?? I looking to upgrade my closed setup from my D5000's to the TH600's. Do you have any experience with the old Denon line and if so are these a true upgrade? 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Apr 12, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

How is the isolation on the TH600's?? I looking to upgrade my closed setup from my D5000's to the TH600's. Do you have any experience with the old Denon line and if so are these a true upgrade? 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Isolation is okay but not great. Pretty much the same as the older Denons since they all use the same basic frame and are made by Fostex (who was Denon's OEM). If you're okay with the Denons then you should be fine with these.

Personally I feel they are an upgrade, yes. They have a much cleaner sound, particularly in the bass which has less harmonic distortion. As a result the bass will sound less muddy, however the overall bass quantity might be subjectively less compared to the D5000, so that is something to keep in mind.

Apr 12, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #5 of 7
Thanks MuppetFace for the input on the TH600. I agree with your assessment and that they isolate well but not as much as other closed headphones I have used. The TH600 is impressive!

Todd

Apr 12, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Isolation is okay but not great. Pretty much the same as the older Denons since they all use the same basic frame and are made by Fostex (who was Denon's OEM). If you're okay with the Denons then you should be fine with these.

Personally I feel they are an upgrade, yes. They have a much cleaner sound, particularly in the bass which has less harmonic distortion. As a result the bass will sound less muddy, however the overall bass quantity might be subjectively less compared to the D5000, so that is something to keep in mind.

Great to know!! I don't really expect anything to have as much bass quantity as d5000's so thats ok. I just want to make sure that if I'm spending that much on a closed pair they better be an upgrade to what I already have. 

It's between either the LCD 2's or these. I have a headstage Arrow 3G powering everything so that thing can power the sun so I think I'm ok on amping but all things can change so I just want a nice pair that can pushed without needing another grand put into an amp so I think those two can get the job done.

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Apr 13, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #7 of 7
Hi DemonFox,

We have a 30 day money back guarantee to insure you are satisfied with your purchase from us. Both the LCD-2 and Fostex TH600 are in stock!

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back