Fostex TH-900 and TAD DA1000
Apr 15, 2016 at 7:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

lobwah

New Head-Fier
Hi all,
I heard this combination for the first time last night and WOW!!

More recently iv'e been using my HD800 as iv'e been listening to mostly concerto and I also have a young family so I like to be able to keep an ear out for them 
Earlier last week I took delivery of the TAD DA1000 as I wanted to integrate my 2 channel and head-fi. Previously I was using a WA7 and a Hugo but both those products aren't suitable for my current lifestyle. I probably get 30-45 mins a day where I can listen to music so a server-dac-amp-2ch-headfi all in one is the best way to get maximum enjoyment in that time.

Anyways I came home last night and everyone was asleep so i thought id crack out the TH-900 and chill to Kind of blue.
Ive never felt so close to the performance than I did last night. The TAD really took the th-900's to a level iv'e never experienced before.
Trumpet and Sax were very much real sounding.
One of the stand out features of the TH900 is the bass response. Last night it was like the bass was reigned in compared to before and was presented in a most natural way while having more snap & weight.

The TAD has 40 hours on it or thereabouts. As a DAC. As a HP Amp its got less than 10 hours so I imagine it may evolve. I didn't find the Hugo needed a break in time. 

My love for Head-Fi has been rekindled by this combo.. 

Good day to all !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back