Headphoneus Supremus

T50RPmk4 RP stereo headphones

• T50RPmk4_bottom_logo_620x394

• T50RPmk4_main_620x394
  • T50RPmk4_backfromt_620x394
  • T50RPmk4_side_620x394
  • T50RPmk4_top_620x394

A major renewal of the traditional planar diaphragm "RP" driver recognized in music studios around the world. T50RP has evolved into "mk4" and is now available.​

T50RPmk4​

T50RPmk4_bottom_700x350

This product is a headphone that is equipped with a significantly renewed RP driver with a fully driven flat diaphragm developed by Fostex. Since being installed in Fostex's first headphone, the T50, released in 1974, the RP driver has spread to a variety of his models, and has been recognized by musicians and engineers in music studios around the world as monitor headphones. With the traditional RP driver that has evolved into the 4th generation and an all-new housing design, you can enjoy the next generation of RP headphones that further refine the sound unique to a flat diaphragm.
*RP and RP technology are Fostex's proprietary technologies that move the entire surface of a flat diaphragm in a regular phase (Regular Phase).

Features​

RP driver evolved to the 4th generation​

RP Technology's fully-driven flat diaphragm driver, which has been improved over 50 years, is now in its 4th generation.In order to expand and equalize the vibration area of the flat diaphragm, the number of magnets that sandwich the diaphragm has been increased and printed coils have been added. We have designed a new pattern shape. Furthermore, the components of the magnetic circuit have been renewed to optimize the magnetic flux distribution, thereby suppressing unnecessary resonance of the diaphragm and achieving sharp rises and falls of sound with a sharp response. The 4th generation driver, developed by fully incorporating various technologies cultivated over the years, simultaneously achieves improved sensitivity, smooth frequency response that is easy to monitor, and excellent transient characteristics. By being able to accurately and delicately reproduce everything from deep bass to treble, we have further improved the accurate localization and sound field reproduction capabilities compared to previous models.
RP exploded view patent

Symmetrical housing that allows cable connection on either the left or right side and reduces the difference in sound quality between the left and right sides​

Both the left and right housings are equipped with connectors so that the cable can be connected to either the left or right depending on the usage environment. In addition, by making the left and right housings the same shape, we reduce the difference in sound quality caused by differences in internal structure and volume depending on the presence or absence of a connector part. The connector is equipped with a 4-pole 3.5 mm connector that supports balanced connections, increasing ease of use and versatility. The cable uses high-quality OFC conductors.

Optional balanced cables are available: φ2.5: ET-RP2.5BL, φ4.4: ET-RP4.4BL, and XLR: ET-RPXLR.

Comfortable ear pads​

The ear pads feature a low-repulsion, around-ear shape that provides a comfortable fit, making them comfortable to use even when listening for long periods of time.
T50RPmk4_image01

T50RPmk4_image02

specification​

Main Specifications​

ModelSemi-open dynamic type
driverRP method planar diaphragm
impedance28Ω
sensitivity97dB/mW
maximum input3,000mW
Play frequency band10-40,000Hz
Body massApproximately 330 g (excluding cable)
accessoriesφ3.5 mm (4-pole) ⇔ φ 3.5 mm (3-pole) stereo phone cable (2 m) x 1, φ3.5 mm → φ6.3 mm stereo phone conversion connector x 1

T50RPmk4 wiring diagram​

T50RPmk4_T60RP wiring diagram

Apr 26, 2024 at 12:30 PM Post #4 of 27
Fostex has hinted that they were developing a new driver for the RP during/after they released the 50th Anni versions.

Never realized that it can be this huge of an update but this is massive. A new driver pattern that’s about almost cutting the driver resistance in half.

This can spark another RP mod mania.

Apr 26, 2024 at 1:14 PM Post #5 of 27
This can spark another RP mod mania.
The mania never stopped here. Ive got my mk1 and mk3. (insert pic here)

mk2 to mk3 was mainly a tuning evolution while the driver itself remained the same so modder fans were not so hype. A trip down memory lane, mk2–mk3 differences marked by Tyll.

Apr 27, 2024 at 10:03 AM Post #8 of 27
The question is what other cans will receive the new drivers. T60RP has always been my favourite. I'm guessing there's going to be another edition out soon!
I am trying to hold out for the T20 this time around, but boy it's gonna be hard if they drop an updated 60...

It will be exciting to see where this new driver gen manifests in years to come and not just from Fostex. The Mk2/3 birthed ZMF, Modhouse and Dan Clark Audio among many others... who knows what will be built off the 4th gen :xf_eek:

Apr 27, 2024 at 4:44 PM Post #9 of 27
Not a shill but, Audio46 has them on pre-order for $249! Never owned any Fostex headphones but this planar update seems like an easy selection. Dang, another bargain?

Apr 27, 2024 at 4:53 PM Post #10 of 27

T50RPmk4 RP stereo headphones

• T50RPmk4_main_620x394
  • T50RPmk4_backfromt_620x394
  • T50RPmk4_side_620x394
  • T50RPmk4_top_620x394

A major renewal of the traditional planar diaphragm "RP" driver recognized in music studios around the world. T50RP has evolved into "mk4" and is now available.​

T50RPmk4​

T50RPmk4_bottom_700x350

This product is a headphone that is equipped with a significantly renewed RP driver with a fully driven flat diaphragm developed by Fostex. Since being installed in Fostex's first headphone, the T50, released in 1974, the RP driver has spread to a variety of his models, and has been recognized by musicians and engineers in music studios around the world as monitor headphones. With the traditional RP driver that has evolved into the 4th generation and an all-new housing design, you can enjoy the next generation of RP headphones that further refine the sound unique to a flat diaphragm.
*RP and RP technology are Fostex's proprietary technologies that move the entire surface of a flat diaphragm in a regular phase (Regular Phase).

Features​

RP driver evolved to the 4th generation​

RP Technology's fully-driven flat diaphragm driver, which has been improved over 50 years, is now in its 4th generation.In order to expand and equalize the vibration area of the flat diaphragm, the number of magnets that sandwich the diaphragm has been increased and printed coils have been added. We have designed a new pattern shape. Furthermore, the components of the magnetic circuit have been renewed to optimize the magnetic flux distribution, thereby suppressing unnecessary resonance of the diaphragm and achieving sharp rises and falls of sound with a sharp response. The 4th generation driver, developed by fully incorporating various technologies cultivated over the years, simultaneously achieves improved sensitivity, smooth frequency response that is easy to monitor, and excellent transient characteristics. By being able to accurately and delicately reproduce everything from deep bass to treble, we have further improved the accurate localization and sound field reproduction capabilities compared to previous models.
RP exploded view patent

Symmetrical housing that allows cable connection on either the left or right side and reduces the difference in sound quality between the left and right sides​

Both the left and right housings are equipped with connectors so that the cable can be connected to either the left or right depending on the usage environment. In addition, by making the left and right housings the same shape, we reduce the difference in sound quality caused by differences in internal structure and volume depending on the presence or absence of a connector part. The connector is equipped with a 4-pole 3.5 mm connector that supports balanced connections, increasing ease of use and versatility. The cable uses high-quality OFC conductors.

Optional balanced cables are available: φ2.5: ET-RP2.5BL, φ4.4: ET-RP4.4BL, and XLR: ET-RPXLR.

Comfortable ear pads​

The ear pads feature a low-repulsion, around-ear shape that provides a comfortable fit, making them comfortable to use even when listening for long periods of time.
T50RPmk4_image01

T50RPmk4_image02

specification​

Main Specifications​

ModelSemi-open dynamic type
driverRP method planar diaphragm
impedance28Ω
sensitivity97dB/mW
maximum input3,000mW
Play frequency band10-40,000Hz
Body massApproximately 330 g (excluding cable)
accessoriesφ3.5 mm (4-pole) ⇔ φ 3.5 mm (3-pole) stereo phone cable (2 m) x 1, φ3.5 mm → φ6.3 mm stereo phone conversion connector x 1

T50RPmk4 wiring diagram​

T50RPmk4_T60RP wiring diagram
I wonder if this will bring out some of the modders again! I would love to play with these if I get the chance. Mainly listen to it thou, of course. Love the QoL changes done to make it much ncier

Awesome. Biggest news of the year. Screw your $1000 DMS headphones made with common $20 drivers used in much cheaper headphone. T50RP has always represented value and now moreso mk4 with a new more powerful planar driver and other great upgrades. Who else but Fostex?
I don't think that was a necessary comment in a thread that has nothing to do with it. Lets keep it on topic! I do really want to give it a go, the new t50rp. A complete redo of the drivers actually sounds really good and would be really cool to play with myself. Lets hope these become more available internationally!

Oh man, do I dive back into the world of t50rp now?
One of us, one of us, one of us

Not a shill but, Audio46 has them on pre-order for $249! Never owned any Fostex headphones but this planar update seems like an easy selection. Dang, another bargain?
Ohhhh that's a really nice price I will not lie. I will wait until they become easier to get in the UK.

Apr 27, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #11 of 27
The modding possibilities will ultimately come down to how easily the new model is to assemble and how much glue they choose to use lol. Looking forward to messing around with a pair.
Awesome. Biggest news of the year. Screw your $1000 DMS headphones made with common $20 drivers used in much cheaper headphone. T50RP has always represented value and now moreso mk4 with a new more powerful planar driver and other great upgrades. Who else but Fostex?
This was unnecessarily salty. If the price of the driver bothers you just don't buy a pair lol.

Apr 27, 2024 at 6:43 PM Post #12 of 27
This guy claims to understand all about DIY'r stuff, but can't comprehend that driver cost is irrelevant to the driver's potential......

I can't wait till this mk4 gets its own Thunderpants following.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 7:32 PM Post #13 of 27
I wonder if this will bring out some of the modders again! I would love to play with these if I get the chance. Mainly listen to it thou, of course. Love the QoL changes done to make it much ncier

I don't think that was a necessary comment in a thread that has nothing to do with it. Lets keep it on topic! I do really want to give it a go, the new t50rp. A complete redo of the drivers actually sounds really good and would be really cool to play with myself. Lets hope these become more available internationally!

One of us, one of us, one of us

Ohhhh that's a really nice price I will not lie. I will wait until they become easier to get in the UK.

The modding possibilities will ultimately come down to how easily the new model is to assemble and how much glue they choose to use lol. Looking forward to messing around with a pair.

This was unnecessarily salty. If the price of the driver bothers you just don't buy a pair lol.

This guy claims to understand all about DIY'r stuff, but can't comprehend that driver cost is irrelevant to the driver's potential......

I can't wait till this mk4 gets its own Thunderpants following.

I did try pre-ordering thru the Fostex Japan website but wouldnt accept my Amazon pay as its outside the region. And google translate for normal payment was too much hassle because couldnt decode pages because locked during checkout process. Ill just wait until NA distribution begins.

mk4 hype got me to listen to mk3 mod. What a great headphone and would be my choice if could only keep one. Lightweight, comfy, noise isolation, cheap, and sounds very good.

I bet the mk4 driver will have the same baffle and mounting points as mk3. If true that would mean you could install mk4 drivers into your T60RP etc though then youd have to deal with mk2+3 asymmetry again. My mk3 is compromised of two sets of T50RP so cups are mirror matched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back