Fostex T50RP modded...can someone explain what I am hearing??
Sep 22, 2018 at 7:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sideways

100+ Head-Fier
Along with Grado's I own a set on AKG K240 Studio 55ohm that I rather enjoy with their upfront presentation... up close and personal as to how I describe them.

I just bought a set of Fostex T50RP MKII's for giggles...they have the Alpha Dog pads... vmoda cable.. and the Mayflower mods done to them... figured this is what everybody raves about...

What I'm finding in comparison to the AKG's is that they seem a tad distant...the mids recessed... not a forward sound as I would have believed them to be... the soundstage is better but not as seemingly artificial as the AK550's I once owned...the depth isn't as good though...separation seems different as well... they don't play well at low volumes...

My question is... am I hearing the mods or am I hearing planar??

I bought the Fostex's because I have owned planar speakers in the past and quite enjoyed them... these are a tad disappointing...

Any comments are greatly appreciated... thanks!!

Sep 22, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #2 of 5
Same opinion from my end. I cashed on modded fostex 2 years ago. Worst 190dollars spent, opened up and its just clay and some wool, joke marketing? Oh no, they want me to spend another couple hundreds on amplifier to compensate for its driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back