Fostex T50RP MK3 Owners
Feb 1, 2017 at 12:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Heals

Head-Fier
A little backstory, I was able to rent a pair of MK3's from a local music store to test out before buying. Completely sold after my rental, I purchased my own pair. At first they seemed a bit stuffy, but after running them for 24 hours, they sounded just like I remembered. 

The issue now is it seems like there is a slight channel imbalance, the right driver seems to be lacking a bit in volume and clarity...mind you the difference doesn't immediately jump out at you, n'or is it obvious. 

Any MK3 owners have this issue before? Any advice if you have? 

Thanks for the help in advance!

Feb 1, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #2 of 7
A little backstory, I was able to rent a pair of MK3's from a local music store to test out before buying. Completely sold after my rental, I purchased my own pair. At first they seemed a bit stuffy, but after running them for 24 hours, they sounded just like I remembered. 

The issue now is it seems like there is a slight channel imbalance, the right driver seems to be lacking a bit in volume and clarity...mind you the difference doesn't immediately jump out at you, n'or is it obvious. 

Any MK3 owners have this issue before? Any advice if you have? 

Thanks for the help in advance!
I would try them on another source if the problem is still there send them back.

Feb 2, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #4 of 7
I would try them on another source if the problem is still there send them back.

Hi, I have a pair of them. I do not have a channel and balance on my set. What stores are you using for them? Have you tried a alternative source?

I have two sources, one is an Axon 7 which will actually power these quite well, and the other is an Xduoo XD-05. I used both sources with the rental pair and had great results. The only difference I can see between the rental and my pair is that the rental may have had a lot more hours on them. I've been running them for about 50 hours now hoping it would just work itself out, so far, hasn't happened.

Noob question, but do you think its possible I'm just not understanding how these portray music? It just sounds a touch off with songs I know very well, like there is more detail and clarity in drums and percussion with the left side in certain frequencies. Best example I can give is I'm under the impression I should hear the music as centered with each ear receiving the same detail and clarity equally but that's not happening. 

I

Feb 2, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #5 of 7
I think your best bet would be to return them to the dealer if that is a option. Also Fostex would most likely do a warranty exchange for them. The only drawback to that it would take a couple of weeks to get them back in.

Feb 9, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #6 of 7
From what I've read the MK3's don't have great quality control.

Though I've never had problems with mine.

But Before you return them, try another cables,
the stock ones are terrible and would give me a bit of static sometimes.

Apr 11, 2017 at 4:34 AM Post #7 of 7
I've owned mine for at least a year and the biggest problem that seems to arise from time to time is their cable to headphone connection. They are always fiddly and the connection never seems to work reliably

Users who are viewing this thread

Back