Fostex KOTORI - Build to Order Headphones
Dec 27, 2009 at 2:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

kjk1281

1000+ Head-Fier
Here's an interesting concept by the gurus at Fostex. The Japanese company set up a website that allows users to design their own canalphone. The basis appears to be parent company Foster Electric's 443743, which was the foundation for Denon's AH-C350/351.

2qimdcn.jpg

Although it's hard to tell in my rather bland-looking example, users of the site can basically choose from several colors for each of the parts, and the left and right pieces don't necessarily have to match. There are also pre-configured combinations and even a random generator if you're feeling lucky.

The earphones can be purchased for ¥3600 in Japan.

DESIGN YOUR HEADPHONES | KOTORI

Have fun, and feel free to post your creations!
beerchug.gif

Dec 30, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #2 of 32
Apparently nobody's as excited about these as I am. Granted, the customization is purely superficial, and some other companies have similar build to order systems (but for far more money). But if this proves successful, I can envision Fostex incorporating different drivers and housings depending on the type of sound the customer wants. Perhaps unlikely, but a man can dream.

Oct 21, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #6 of 32
google translate?
make sure they ship to the US first too, they might not want to do that

edit, I guess google translate might not work for flash, good luck anyways

Dec 6, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #7 of 32

kjk1281 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Apparently nobody's as excited about these as I am. Granted, the customization is purely superficial, and some other companies have similar build to order systems (but for far more money). But if this proves successful, I can envision Fostex incorporating different drivers and housings depending on the type of sound the customer wants. Perhaps unlikely, but a man can dream.

Why I cannot open the link here? Is the link expired?

Dec 6, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #8 of 32

kjk1281 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dec 6, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #9 of 32

kjk1281 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dec 6, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #10 of 32

kjk1281 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dec 6, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #11 of 32

kjk1281 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dec 6, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #12 of 32

kjk1281 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dec 6, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #13 of 32

kjk1281 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dec 6, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #14 of 32

kjk1281 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dec 6, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #15 of 32

kjk1281 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back