Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread)
Aug 1, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #661 of 1,448
I dont know how much.

Google fostex hp_p1 and go to their site. It doesnt show the price though.

It seems like a new addition.

I would put up a link but i am posting from my ipod touch.

Aug 1, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #662 of 1,448
Here you go (back at my mac, scroll down).

http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/products/HP-P1.shtml

price still unknown.

Perhaps they have been listening to feedback about the original case, maybe even saw Lillees rig on head-fi.

Seems to be priced at around ¥3,500- ¥4,000. (Thats around US$ 35- $40).

Cant find a picture of the back of the case yet.

Google `Fostex LC_P1`  for more info.

Aug 1, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #663 of 1,448
Haha I was about to say looks almost identical to the Garmin one except better fitting.

OK I am charging you with the investigation Detective ExpatinJapan (since you can read Japanese and all), find out where to buy it and how to get a hold of it. I will order one at the drop of a hat if it's available.

Aug 2, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #664 of 1,448
I dont know what the back looks like though, If they have crafted openings for charging etc.

Its not up on amazon.co.jp yet either.

Maybe buy it here ?
Fostex site
http://www.fostex.jp/products/LC-P1

(open with google chrome browser for translation to english option).

Aug 2, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #665 of 1,448
Well done, cept I can't read Japanese and in order to buy it you have to log in (all in Japanese) 

I can I wait until it's available from an English website like Amazon

Aug 11, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #670 of 1,448
My HP-P1 arrived this week...I am really enjoying this new device!

I have the Toxic Cables Silver Poison LOD on order....

Aug 11, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #672 of 1,448
My initial impressions are very favorable. Plenty of power and good solid range throughout. I will chime in after a couple hundred hours and see how it is going .  

popcorn.gif

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #674 of 1,448
Nice review! Funny, I am using it with the Senn HD25's and all lossless on the iPod Classic. Awesome portable combo.

Aug 21, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #675 of 1,448
Hi all, interesting thread. Just read all 45 pages haha. I'm interested in buying the hp-p1 but just had a few questions for you kind hearted fellows. If I bought the hp-p1 I'd be using them with my slightly portable ATH-M50's. Do you think I would notice a vast improvement listening with my Ipod Tough 4G? All my music is mostly 320kb mp3 files. I don't really have an opportunity to listen before I buy. I also currently have a Nuforce Icon HPD for my desktop amp/dac combo. Any idea if it would be similar or better in sound quality to this with the M50's? As I notice a fair improvement with this and they both hover around the same price range. Thanks in advance for your help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back