Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread)
Jun 23, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #558 of 1,448
Heard EAC is the best one ripping CDs. But no mac version is available...

I've done some (non scientific) testing and unless you are ripping from significantly scratched CDs, iTunes with cd error correction turned on turns out just as good, extremely marginal difference if any at all.

Jun 24, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #560 of 1,448
nice, need to train the µLOD
deadhorse.gif
looking a bit willful there. give it a slap for me eh? a bit of training, the case, plus velcro and the fit will work out; looks like the coax has the upper hand at the moment, best put an end to that. length looks fine, just needs a small bend in it and move the iphone back, might even be able to make the LED on top visible.

Jun 24, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #564 of 1,448
Quote:

I am training teh savage beast my master :) .

you are good student Japano'san, for your obedience you will have much good fortune
beyersmile.png
the audio spirits will smile down upon you

Jun 24, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #566 of 1,448
Quote:
That is by far the most impressive Fostex setup I've seen to date!
smily_headphones1.gif

..but not very portable or transportable...at least not very far...now that what I call a stack...

Jun 25, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #567 of 1,448
I just picked this up at my favorite electronics store close to work:

It's the ADL iD-30p.  It only ran me around 5000 yen.  I've gotta say, it really makes a big difference.  Over the stock Fostex cable, the ADL cable opens up the sound of the HP-P1.  Everything sounds clearer.  It's a night and day difference.  It makes such a big difference that I think the original Fostex cable may have been defective. 

It's a sliver plated copper cable, and it's cryogenically treated.  You guys can read more about it here http://www.adl-av.com/products/cables/stereo/iD30_series/.

Here's the pic of my rig:

Jun 25, 2012 at 6:49 AM Post #568 of 1,448
I cant work out whether i have a channel imbalance when i use IEMs, whether my fostex is faulty, or my ath-ck10 is faulty. often my right side seems louder.

broken ears? 

Jun 25, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #569 of 1,448
Quote:
You guys can read more about it here http://www.adl-av.com/products/cables/stereo/iD30_series/.

Furutech USB line out?!?! NICE! And reasonably priced too.

I'll keep my eye out for it. Surprised as I haven't seen it at e-Earphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back