Fostex hp-p1 amplification...
Sep 2, 2012 at 8:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

John0405

100+ Head-Fier
Hi
I just purchased the fostex hp p1. I'm quite satisfied of the device. I have more details and a wider soundstage, this, I can clearly tell and notice, but I'm not entirely satisfied yet . I feel I'm lacking in the bass department. I was wondering if adding another amp to the fostex would improve this...? If so, what would you recommend. I'd like more bass and more forward mids.
I'm using lossless files with my miracles.
Thx to all in advance. :D

Sep 6, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #11 of 22
The more recent ipod touches work better with eq apps.

Denon audio is free.

Equ, equalizer apps are good.
sonicmaxpro app.
Flacplayer app is good.

You can try to boost the bass for free with the denon app.

Sep 8, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #12 of 22
I recomend getting a ZO! it adds a great touch/punch to my iPod Classic 7th gen>CLAS>Lisa3> ZOv1, rig! 

a freakishly great combo, but since the HP-P1 alsready has a decent amp, and you just want some more BASS!!!! bu wa ha ha ha ha, lol, get the ZO, problem solved! end of story? or is it? lol,

until the upgraditis bug bites you in your arse, lol,

and i am going to get a set of the Merlins! so the miricles should respond great to the ZO, they should sound freaking awesome!

Sep 8, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #13 of 22
You could get on the Pico Power preorder list-due out this month.  I have a Lisa amp and it is great but too big for portable.  The Pico Power is smaller and still incredible, i heard it at the meet and compared to a full size Pico and there is a big difference to my ears.  It is also cheaper than the L3(which is the newer Lisa lll amp).  I will be using it with my Fostex.

Sep 9, 2012 at 5:08 AM Post #14 of 22
You could get on the Pico Power preorder list-due out this month.  I have a Lisa amp and it is great but too big for portable.  The Pico Power is smaller and still incredible, i heard it at the meet and compared to a full size Pico and there is a big difference to my ears.  It is also cheaper than the L3(which is the newer Lisa lll amp).  I will be using it with my Fostex.

So you think going balanced (with the ibasso pb1/2, sr71b being too expensive) is not a good idea after all?
The balanced ibasso amps seem quite good, but it's the price of the appropriate cable that worries me...
If anyone knows a cheap balanced cable for miracles...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back