Fostex HP-A4BL (the A4 with balanced output)
Aug 5, 2018 at 8:56 PM Post #272 of 401
I'm confused. If both ASIO and Wasapi are bypassing all the sounds and equalizer settings from Windows, then shouldn't Peace/Equalizer APO not be working? Or are they only bypassed when using USB connection because this is what I'm hooked up to?

Aug 6, 2018 at 12:56 AM Post #273 of 401
I'm confused. If both ASIO and Wasapi are bypassing all the sounds and equalizer settings from Windows, then shouldn't Peace/Equalizer APO not be working? Or are they only bypassed when using USB connection because this is what I'm hooked up to?

If I understand how Wasapi and ASIO work then yeah your eq's are not sent to your dac and that the dac handles the pure un-messed with signal(sorry this is the best way I know to describe it). There is an exclusive and mixed mode you can use with at least Wasapi and I know exclusive will not send any eq or anything outside the bits of the music. I'm not sure if Foobar supports mixed and if mixed will send your eq settings. I honestly have no idea how mixed works and hopefully someone more knowledgeable can chime in.

Aug 16, 2018 at 9:28 PM Post #277 of 401
I think it is plastic. i'm usually poking headphones into it in the dark and i'm not seeing any scratches around either of the headphones out in the front.

Aug 20, 2018 at 6:53 AM Post #279 of 401
The Fostex HP-A4BL is a PC desktop amp with a USB or optical input. I would think if you had optical out from a dap it should work in theory

Aug 20, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #280 of 401
Hi, I’m new to amp/dac world. Could you please tell me how to use HP-A4BL? I have a Walkman (WM1A), don’t know how to connect it to the amp. Do I need a portable mp3 player as a audio input of the amp? Cheers.
There are only two types of inputs: USB and Optical. You will have to figure out how to get your audio in via one of those.

Aug 20, 2018 at 7:56 AM Post #281 of 401
Hi, I’m new to amp/dac world. Could you please tell me how to use HP-A4BL? I have a Walkman (WM1A), don’t know how to connect it to the amp. Do I need a portable mp3 player as a audio input of the amp? Cheers.
From what I can tell on Sony’s website, you don’t have an optical output so you might be able to use the USB connector instead. However, it’s unclear whether that is a digital audio output or simply a way of transferring music files onto the device. I suspect the latter.
If that’s the case, you cannot connect it to the Fostex as the Fostex doesn’t have an analogue input.
Try the USB connector but I suspect you can’t connect the two devices at all
I might be wrong so ask on the Sony Forum to make aure

Aug 20, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #284 of 401
From what I can tell on Sony’s website, you don’t have an optical output so you might be able to use the USB connector instead. However, it’s unclear whether that is a digital audio output or simply a way of transferring music files onto the device. I suspect the latter.
If that’s the case, you cannot connect it to the Fostex as the Fostex doesn’t have an analogue input.
Try the USB connector but I suspect you can’t connect the two devices at all
I might be wrong so ask on the Sony Forum to make aure
I’ve checked. It does have a digital out. Thanks very much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back