Former ceo of apple steve jobs has passed away today. (October, 5, 2011)
Oct 5, 2011 at 7:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

bcasey25raptor

Aka: Brycon Casey
aka mental patient
aka Enter Darkness
aka Shurefan
aka reaperofaudio
aka everyone knows
aka very funny
Steve jobs died of cancer today leaving cook to run apple. It is a sad day in tech and he will be greatly missed.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/steve-jobs-apple-ceo-dies/story?id=14383813

Oct 5, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #4 of 10
It is very unfortunate. He will be missed. Without my ipod i wouldn't care about headphones.

Oct 5, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #5 of 10
this amazing and visionary individual shaped my life profoundly at every stage of my life, i would never have gotten into computers as a child, graphic design in my teens and early twenties, photographic compositing/imaging in my mid/late twenties, making cables for  ipods and headphones in my early thirties....... we had the 128kb mac when i was a young boy and there hasnt been a time when there hasnt been one in the house, my mother is a graphic designer and apple fanatic. funnily enough i picked up my new mini just today and heard the news at the apple store, the mood was pretty glum

the 'think different' campaign will go down in history as one of the phrases that changed the world.

in truth he hasnt been at the helm for a fair while now, but the culture at apple will never be the same. i feel like i have lost one of my good friends. 

Oct 6, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #6 of 10
I've been the anti-Apple for awhile now but I have to give credit where it's due.  The vision and innovation was certainly there.  This is a sad loss and I respectfully tip my hat to the chap and his accomplishments.  I'm a PC and non iPod user but certainly mourn this loss and will feel nothing for Bill Gates when he passes.

Oct 6, 2011 at 4:02 AM Post #7 of 10

Quote:
I've been the anti-Apple for awhile now but I have to give credit where it's due.  The vision and innovation was certainly there.  This is a sad loss and I respectfully tip my hat to the chap and his accomplishments.  I'm a PC and non iPod user but certainly mourn this loss and will feel nothing for Bill Gates when he passes.

May i ask what exactly is wrong with bill gates? All the hate he gets is unwarranted and undeserving. Bill gates also had a huge roll in the development of computers, in fact maybe more so. I prefer windows to any other operating system out there.

Oct 6, 2011 at 4:27 AM Post #9 of 10

Quote:
That's another thread.  This is Jobs day of remembrance.  Those are my feelings not a debate topic.

I sent an email via the apple website. I will see what happens.

http://www.apple.com/stevejobs/

Oct 6, 2011 at 9:56 AM Post #10 of 10
the 2 philosophies are utterly different, not going there, but all i can say is wow, i guess you werent around the last decade or so. also one was an original idea at the time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back