Forget bass. I want treble.
Oct 7, 2016 at 12:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Freetrademan

Head-Fier
OK, forget bass. I want treble. 

I have over 30 IEMs, and to my ears, most have decent bass (with the right tips). But what separates the best from the merely good is the high end. I want to hear shimmer, sparkle, air. My best full-size headphones give me the impression that I'm sitting right next to that cymbal hit, not just listening to a recording of it. Surely some earphone engineers focus on treble extension, rather than the strongest bass response. Where are they?

No one can try everything, so I'm asking the Head-Fi community. What IEM/earphone under $100 has the best high end? Under $50? Under $20?

Oct 7, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #2 of 7
  OK, forget bass. I want treble. 

I have over 30 IEMs, and to my ears, most have decent bass (with the right tips). But what separates the best from the merely good is the high end. I want to hear shimmer, sparkle, air. My best full-size headphones give me the impression that I'm sitting right next to that cymbal hit, not just listening to a recording of it. Surely some earphone engineers focus on treble extension, rather than the strongest bass response. Where are they?

No one can try everything, so I'm asking the Head-Fi community. What IEM/earphone under $100 has the best high end? Under $50? Under $20?

Good question... maybe an iem with changeable filters. Trinity Audio Engineering and a company called RockJaw offer this possability in their iem range and come within your stated price range.

Oct 7, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #4 of 7
Anything dunu.

Not for your price point. Seriously have a look at Trinity Audio. If you want great treble you got it, if you want Bass and Mids its all catered for re the interchangable filter system. Use the search bar for more info. This manu gets lots of praise around here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back