For those with SB Live!
Nov 22, 2003 at 4:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

master83

Head-Fier
Hi all! I have a soundblaster live 1024 value card in my computer and have been using it as a source for a while now. One day I discovered the AudioHQ-setting "4-speakers" which dramatically improved the sound/soundstage when using headphones through a amp from the front output on my soundcard. Then, after reading on this forum I found out that it was peoples general opinion that the KX drivers were the best way to go if you had a SB live card, so I installed these drivers, only to be disappointed by the sound quality. Anyone ever done a SB Live original drivers with 4-speakers output vs KX drivers comparison?

Please post suggestions on how to make the KX drivers sound even better than my SB Live! original drivers with 4-speakers output (which I believe is possible)

Nov 22, 2003 at 6:30 PM Post #2 of 2
I somehow liked the quality of the KX drivers a bit better. Try using the ASIO plugin for foobar2000, and use ASIO that is provided in the KX drivers. And use SSRC DSP with 48 Khz. I somehow liked the quality of KX drivers better than the default creative drivers. Also try using the rear out with the KX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back