For those who want to get the best ECM albums
Feb 25, 2004 at 8:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

marios_mar

Headphoneus Supremus
I have a magazine article on ECM that has suggestions on the must-have ECM albums. Around 20 , maybe less . If anyone is interested I can scan it to share it with you.

Feb 26, 2004 at 5:40 PM Post #2 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by marios_mar
I have a magazine article on ECM that has suggestions on the must-have ECM albums. Around 20 , maybe less . If anyone is interested I can scan it to share it with you.

ooooooooooohhhhh........... Pat Metheny

Feb 27, 2004 at 12:31 PM Post #5 of 34
oh I dont have somewhere to post a jpg file (head fi allows only extremely small files)

So can anyone host it?

I also have a basic Classical discography (many hundreds of albums) from a hi-fi mag of the 70s (for vinyl of course(

Feb 28, 2004 at 9:11 PM Post #8 of 34
Marios, I can host the pic.
But only if Pat Metheny and Jan Garbarek is listed...
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

ECM...some of the best music not to say some of the most beautiful CD covers and layout.

Feb 28, 2004 at 11:43 PM Post #9 of 34
Anders, I have this 10LP box set by Keith Jarret and it has fantastic artwork inside. Big B+W photographs from Japan .

Nice luxurious green vinyl sleeves. The advantages of vinyl.

Thanks for the offer. Ill get the magazine 9th of March and Ill come back. And dont worry itll have all the great ECM artists.

There was some guy in Switzerland selling the WHOLE ECM discography up to 1500 or 1600 all on vinyl. (Private collection)

The amount he asked for it was insane!!

A couple of quick suggestions from ECM for those who cannot wait.

Keith Jarret-The Koeln Concert
Jan Garbarek-Officium

Feb 29, 2004 at 2:32 AM Post #10 of 34
Quote:

oh I dont have somewhere to post a jpg file (head fi allows only extremely small files)

So can anyone host it?

I also have a basic Classical discography (many hundreds of albums) from a hi-fi mag of the 70s (for vinyl of course(

I'll host it for ya Marios.... mail it to me at
mick at corsair dot karoo dot co dot uk... OK?

Don't worry about the bandwidth. I'm on 512K DSL line here
biggrin.gif

Feb 29, 2004 at 5:00 PM Post #12 of 34
Quote:

Thanks for the offer. Ill get the magazine 9th of March and Ill come back. And dont worry itll have all the great ECM artists.

Sounds great.

By the way, I believe ECM have a classical label/line. Anyone heard any of ECM's classical recordings?

Mar 1, 2004 at 5:17 PM Post #14 of 34
my favourites:
ECM Keith Jarret Selected Recordings and Bill Frisell Selected Recordings...sooo good

EDIT: i didnt know köln concert was ecm....hm....well, köln concert definately is the summit of contemporary jazz piano, you can't go better than that imo

Mar 1, 2004 at 7:31 PM Post #15 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by saint.panda

EDIT: i didnt know köln concert was ecm....hm....well, köln concert definately is the summit of contemporary jazz piano, you can't go better than that imo [/B]

Hi saint.panda

Since I joined the world of headphones lovers I have a new appreciation for music. New reasons to love some CDs and new reasons to hate some others
frown.gif
. Jarrett has been one of thoses «humming pianists» that challenge my taste.

So many established performer dont enjoy his reputation but can never the less give him a run for his (ours also) money. And it's humming free
biggrin.gif

(1) John Taylor: Insight (Sketch SKE 333035)
(2) Eric Watson : Sketches of Solitude (Night bird NBM 1005 2)

Amicalement,

P.S. Sorry if those titles are not ECM: you could blame Mario for that
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back