For those who listen to music on the computer...
Jan 7, 2004 at 9:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 94

Iron_Dreamer

Sponsor: Audeze
Landscape-Photo-Fi
Organizer for Can Jam '09
you might want to check out Audioscrobbler. It is a free web service that uses plugins (for Winamp, Foobar, WMP, or even XMMS) to record what songs you've played, and relate that data to other users, which could lead you to discover new music.

Here's my played songs so far.

If you decide to use Audioscrobbler, post you username here (or just use you head-fi username), and we can see what each other is listening to very easily.

In other words, join Team Audioscrobbler
biggrin.gif

Jan 7, 2004 at 9:46 AM Post #2 of 94
This is a pretty cool plug-in.

My user name is realmz. I hope people with good taste in music post now because I have horrid taste and would strongly urge people to avoid any music I listen to.
biggrin.gif

Jan 7, 2004 at 7:19 PM Post #5 of 94
I'm not a fan of spyware in any form. Sounds neat, but if someone really wants to know what kind of music I listen to check my profile or just ask.
wink.gif

I hope greed doesn't kick in and Audioscrobbler doesn't sell everyone out. What info exactly is sent to Audioscrobbler? What's to keep the RIAA from abusing this service too? When you see other songs that may be of interest, you have to then go and find it to listen to, right?

Sorry, my paranoia kicking in. I'll put my foil hat back on.
wink.gif

-Ed

Jan 7, 2004 at 8:10 PM Post #6 of 94
Heh, well they out of their way to tell you that they only collect information about the song you're playing (title, artist), but not what file format it came from or anything else. Even if they saw a file someone was playing was an MP3, how could they use that to "sell someone out," since they would have no way to prove that you don't own the CD.

Jan 9, 2004 at 7:26 AM Post #9 of 94
I installed this for foobar 2000 and registered however it dose nothing i check the site and states no new submissions and maybe i need a newer plugin?

Ok it now works cool i use my head-fi user name ppl.

Jan 16, 2004 at 5:07 AM Post #14 of 94
Here's mine...

http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/Stephonovich

I just realized that I had left the plugin enabled while I had them re-burning in a couple nights ago, so there's an over-average amount of Metallica, Linkin Park, and Skillet in there. But no matter.

(-:Stephonovich:)

Jan 16, 2004 at 9:18 PM Post #15 of 94
I just installed this for Foobar and now whenever I run Foobar it crashes. It just says abnormal program termination. Can someone help me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back