For those who has the Karma....
Nov 5, 2003 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

mdmania

100+ Head-Fier
The MP3direct Cut is a must to have. Thats if you want to take advantage of smooth crossfade transition with your Karma.
Prior to using the freeware (MP3direct Cut), the crossfade on the Karma doesn't work as well since you can only set the crossfade effect from 1 to 3 seconds. And most songs has a long 3 to 5 seconds gap in between tracks, which got to be annoying after awhile. I'm just glad that I have downloaded the MP3 direct Cut long time ago and it finally came in handy. BTW, I exchanged my Zen Xtra specifically because of crossfading feature and now that I have edited my mp3's long gap, crossfading on it is as smooth as listening to the radio. No more interrupton and now I might even be able to use the Karma at the party as a background music.
Well I hope someday that more seconds option will be implemented to future RIO firmware, perhaps 5 to 10 seconds. But for the mean time this freeware is the problem solving for those who would like to add to their mp3 process. Personally, I think Karma is the break through of all MP3 players at the moment. Hopefully we see more unique feature like crossfading among the other players in the near future. But for now, Karma is more advance compare to the other mp3 unit out there. Because of this feature, I don't miss my Zen Xtra 30gb. So what if I lost 10gb less and other features like SVM (Smart Volume Managemen)? I have a MP3gain to do that. Besides 20gb is plenty enough....thanks! Buh bye Zen Xtra....GO RIO!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back