For those who complained about the x10 cables...
Dec 4, 2008 at 3:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

my.self

500+ Head-Fier
i was wondering how are u guys (those who said cables started tearing/splitting) handling ur cables? are u guys pulling them out by the wire? wrapping them around ur DAP and throwing it in a bag? or shoving them in ur pocket? or are the wires simply just fragile and weak? i ask this because my x10's are comming in tonight and i just wanted to know how i should/should not treat the cables. thanks in advanced!

Dec 4, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #2 of 3
I haven't heard anyone complain of splitting cables. The few people who have problems are talking about the rubber splitting on the strain relief near the IEM part. My X10s are starting to show signs of tearing there but I plan to fix it by adding some heatshrink wrap there. Easy fix really and should further help strain relief even more. I haven't heard of any sound issues with anyone yet, just more of concerns of the wear and tear of the strain relief so far.

I normally wrap my X10s around 3 fingers before I put them away in my pocket, so it's not like I just shove them in without a care. Plus I take them outta my ears by the IEM and not the cable. I believe all people into this headphone hobby know that pulling on headphone wires is bad.

Dec 4, 2008 at 4:57 AM Post #3 of 3
ah i see, where did u get this heatshrink wrap thing? i might be interested in it incase mine eventually starts to tear or whatever, ill know what to get. also, can u use it on the whole cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back