For Those Using Foobar and have iPods...
Jul 5, 2005 at 1:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

skitlets

500+ Head-Fier
I just stumbled across this. For those who dislike using iTunes or prefer using Foobar, you no longer need to have iTunes installed to transfer songs to your iPod.

foo_pod

Hope this ends up being useful to someone other than myself.

Jul 5, 2005 at 1:26 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by skitlets
I just stumbled across this. For those who dislike using iTunes or prefer using Foobar, you no longer need to have iTunes installed to transfer songs to your iPod.

foo_pod

Hope this ends up being useful to someone other than myself.

Have you tried it? Before I potential trash my iPod, I need to hear some feedback from 4G iPod owners using this program. So the program lets you transfer Flac files to iPod?

Jul 5, 2005 at 1:38 AM Post #3 of 5
I'll test it after dinner, but I don't believe it allows the iPod to decode FLAC. The plug-in CAN transcode FLAC to your desired format as you transfer files, however.

update - I had a little trouble detecting the iPod, but once I forced to send a song, the playlists updated. here's a short guide to working foo_pod. I've yet to figure out playlists as the playlists tab under preferences isn't showing up. Perhaps a reboot will fix it.

Jul 5, 2005 at 2:17 AM Post #4 of 5
The only thing that would ever allow an iPod to decode FLAC would be a firmware update/hack. If you have alot of FLACs that you would like to play on your iPod, why not transcode them to Apple Lossless?

FLAC --> WAV --> ALE

It might be alot of work, but if you like your iPod, you might find it worthwhile.

Jul 5, 2005 at 4:08 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmirza
The only thing that would ever allow an iPod to decode FLAC would be a firmware update/hack. If you have alot of FLACs that you would like to play on your iPod, why not transcode them to Apple Lossless?

FLAC --> WAV --> ALE

It might be alot of work, but if you like your iPod, you might find it worthwhile.

Uh, going through .wav would lose tags. You would have to Flac->WMA lossless->ALE to preserve tags. It's a lot of hassel, and in near future, I should really put up my 4g iPod and Etymotics for sale. Getting very tired of Apple trying to monopolize the PDAP market with their iPods and refusal to release their codec info. I'd rather stick with Foobar for everything if I had to choose..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back