For those thinking about getting an IPOD LOD cable and already own a mini to mini
Jul 11, 2008 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Kraegorn

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

Haven't been here in awhile, and thought I'd drop by to see what everyone was up to... Surprisingly, I noticed some changes since the past 2 years. So as of late, I've been spending a good amount of time listening on my main rig, and making a direct comparison to my portable setup. You can say that I've have a lot of upgrading to make up for... after checking out all these crazy portable rigs out there.

Ok, now let's get to the point. Those of you who are thinking about getting an IPOD LOD and don't want to spend $40-$200 and already have a fairly decent mini to mini. You might want to check out this mini to LOD cable:

Ebay LOD

It's quite cheaper than what I've seen around, and am on the process of getting one myself...

If you can find one that's cheaper, please post away.

Jul 11, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #3 of 15
there are a lot of people already using these. I just get nervous with using them on-the-go because they stick out so far when coupled with a mini to mini

Jul 11, 2008 at 3:38 PM Post #4 of 15
I remember talking with a manufacturer a while ago and these cost about 1$ to make. But for 12$+3$shipping it is still a good deal!

The 29$ ipod line out cable is a better deal!

Jul 11, 2008 at 3:59 PM Post #5 of 15
when i ordered mylarone x3 from jaben, the female lod came with it for some reason. i've been using it for a while.
like tpc41 said above, it sticks out too much. even when paired with a right-angle mini plug, its too bulky. i ended up buying a normal lod.

Jul 11, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by tpc41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there are a lot of people already using these. I just get nervous with using them on-the-go because they stick out so far when coupled with a mini to mini

I didn't realize that... that just changed my whole game plan again. Thanks for the tip.

Jul 11, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #7 of 15
i bought that same one on ebay and then ended up getting a LOD from headirect fot $29 and it is great, nice and short

Jul 11, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #9 of 15
I don't see how it's any more obtrusive than one of those huge ALO LODs with the sausage-like 1/8" plugs.

Punnisher's low-profile LOD is truly the way to go for portability, though now that I've sold the iPod Nano and went with the A728, I don't need an amp to get great SQ. =P

Jul 12, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by bowraboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought one too and use a right angle plug, I don't think it would stick out any further than a cabled dock would.

IMG_1340.jpg
IMG_1341.jpg
IMG_1343.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg
IMG_1338.jpg
IMG_1344.jpg

Jul 12, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #13 of 15
^ nice job with the pics. It's not much as obtrusive (well maybe, it really depends on the mini connector) as it is stress on the line out on the iPod. LOD cables already add bulk to the situation, those adapters just add an added bulk and leverage to an already bulky situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back