For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Mar 18, 2024 at 4:38 PM Post #18,691 of 22,402
Campfire Audio Bonneville + HIBY R8 II
Got this little EP on repeat while doing some writing for a review, want more than 4 tracks as this really nice stuff. Downtempo Hiphop Electronica fusion of sorts.

DSCF4632.jpg

Your love of the Bonnevilles intrigued me to the point that I went ahead and ordered a pair. Shipping says they should be waiting for me at the hotel I get to on Friday. I'm stoked to hear what they're all about! 👍😎

Mar 18, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #18,692 of 22,402
Your love of the Bonnevilles intrigued me to the point that I went ahead and ordered a pair. Shipping says they should be waiting for me at the hotel I get to on Friday. I'm stoked to hear what they're all about! 👍😎
Very cool, let's hope they don't disappoint 😁
Some electronica is next on the menu.

Mar 18, 2024 at 5:25 PM Post #18,693 of 22,402
Screenshot-2024-03-18-at-22-24-15.png

58X

Mar 18, 2024 at 5:56 PM Post #18,695 of 22,402
Mar 18, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #18,696 of 22,402
Very cool, let's hope they don't disappoint 😁
Some electronica is next on the menu.

I'm definitely looking forward to finding out. Your description of the bass and those descriptions from a couple other reviews and owners got me convinced that I needed to hear what the Bonnevilles can do. Plus, when you just enjoy trying new gear like I do, there isn't really any such thing as a bad purchase so no pressure. The journey is the endgame and I've gotten so much more enjoyment ever since I came to that realization.

To keep things topical, we're posted up in a lay-by/rest stop so I took the chance to switch to some open backs. I'm running the Hifiman Edition XS from my Schiit Magnius with the SMSL SU-8 10th Anny decoding the optical out from a Wiim Mini.

After returning to my music following a bit of a break and a couple phones calls it only made sense to listen to Volume 1 of Sonar's Tranceportation albums. The overall feeling of the album is very much like the second album. I'm in a pretty laid back mood so it fits. Ultimately, I think I like Vol. 2 a bit more, but the two fit together as well executed halves of the same work of art. If you took my advice to check out Vol. 2 and you enjoyed it, make sure you give Vol. 1 a shot as well.

Mar 18, 2024 at 6:44 PM Post #18,697 of 22,402
I'm definitely looking forward to finding out. Your description of the bass and those descriptions from a couple other reviews and owners got me convinced that I needed to hear what the Bonnevilles can do. Plus, when you just enjoy trying new gear like I do, there isn't really any such thing as a bad purchase so no pressure. The journey is the endgame and I've gotten so much more enjoyment ever since I came to that realization.
i grow more jealous of your collection every week lol gah

Mar 18, 2024 at 6:45 PM Post #18,698 of 22,402

To keep things topical, we're posted up in a lay-by/rest stop so I took the chance to switch to some open backs. I'm running the Hifiman Edition XS from my Schiit Magnius with the SMSL SU-8 10th Anny decoding the optical out from a Wiim Mini.

After returning to my music following a bit of a break and a couple phones calls it only made sense to listen to Volume 1 of Sonar's Tranceportation albums. The overall feeling of the album is very much like the second album. I'm in a pretty laid back mood so it fits. Ultimately, I think I like Vol. 2 a bit more, but the two fit together as well executed halves of the same work of art. If you took my advice to check out Vol. 2 and you enjoyed it, make sure you give Vol. 1 a shot as well.

BTW, if anyone has any suggestions for artists and albums with a similar vibe to Vols. 1 & 2 of this Sonar album, I'm all ears. I'm gonna go ask on the prog thread, too. I know of a few, but I'm always looking for more as I find this kinda sound to be perfect for listening to while I'm in certain moods.

Mar 18, 2024 at 9:39 PM Post #18,701 of 22,402
Having an absolutely transcendental jazz experience tonight. Supremely sublime. And all from a 50 year old headphone that was way ahead of its time.

20240318_213432.jpg

1710812341164.png

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 10:10 PM Post #18,704 of 22,402
I can't adequately articulate just how much HQPlayer & sinc-L PCM filter takes the Spring 3's already "in the room" lifelike listening experience to a whole new level. Having listened to everything NOS for a very long time, I was hesitant to dabble in oversampling. I didn't want to lose timbre realism. If you haven't dabbled with HQPlayer yet and you own a Holo DAC, I highly recommend using the below settings on Tim Christensen's Surfing the Surface. The guitar opening sounds so lifelike, goosebumps!

iMac > HQPlayer Client > Qobuz > Spring 3 KTE > Ferrum OOR w/Hypsos (22.0 V) > Hifiman Susvara

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 10.04.35 PM.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back