For the super.fi 5 EB owners out there...
Apr 22, 2008 at 3:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

DylanNo

New Head-Fier
What type of music do you listen to? I'm trying to find out if they will suit my tastes. I am wondering what owners thought of their EB's and what style of music it suits best?

Thanks.

Apr 22, 2008 at 7:30 AM Post #3 of 6
They are best with electronic music, rap, hiphop etc, and useless with classical. Pretty much what you would expect from a pair of bass heavy earphones.

Apr 24, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #5 of 6
I figured that they would be good for rock, techno and hip hop but I mainly listen to various types of hardcore be it straight up, oldschool, metalcore, deathcore, mathcore, etc and metal (again in its various forms...)

The main thing I love is a good kick drum sound, something that is going to kickass and take names. I live for breakdowns basically.

would you describe the bass as boomy or punchy. When the kick drum pounds quickly (and i mean insanely fast), do you hear each individual beat (punchy) with the EB's or do you mainly just feel the assault as it blends together?

Apr 24, 2008 at 5:29 PM Post #6 of 6
They are pretty tight in the bass kick department acually, not as tight as the Pro's but they definitely have a brutal punch. The problem is the bass lines in some rock music will overpower the vocals and guitars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back