for the love of god...im using ipod earbuds..
Aug 22, 2006 at 10:22 PM Post #16 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eisenhower
The problem is your comparing the ipod buds to an equally crappy headphone, the k26p's.
try comparing them to a well regarded headphone, ala ksc-75's.

im def not going to be wearing those while playing soccer. sorry.

rj

Aug 22, 2006 at 10:31 PM Post #17 of 29
I use my ipod earbuds almost daily. I use them mostly for listening to podcasts, b/c some of the ones i listen to, the audio quality isn't great, and i don't was to risk blowing out a driver in one of the good sets.

Ibuds are great for toilet listening too!
eek.gif

Aug 22, 2006 at 10:37 PM Post #19 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eisenhower
The problem is your comparing the ipod buds to an equally crappy headphone, the k26p's.
try comparing them to a well regarded headphone, ala ksc-75's.

The K 26 P are not crappy at all. They are not the last word for portable listening but I did found them to be a great value for the money but that's just my opinion.

PITTM, the first thing that comes to my mind is the Shure E-500, especially due to it's PTH device. You just press the button and you can hear all the noise around you while the music is still playing in the backround; press again and the isolation is back. If you can't afford them, the KSC-75 is a good budget option.

Aug 22, 2006 at 11:15 PM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by PITTM
im def not going to be wearing those while playing soccer. sorry.

rj

one word: tape

Aug 22, 2006 at 11:31 PM Post #22 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by PITTM
3 words:

laughably horrid idea.

rj

but oh so worth it

If theres one time when critical listening is important, its when playing soccer.

Aug 23, 2006 at 12:48 AM Post #24 of 29
I'll second the "What's wrong with the K26Ps. Excellent little headphones for portable use... certainly not for the OPs applications though.

When it comes to ear buds, I'd say anything BUT the stock ibuds. Only reason is that I find them more uncomfortable than others (they've cut my ears a bit on occasion) and they have allegedly been dubbed "the worst headphones for your ears ever"... and I'm pretty sure they meant safety, not the sound.

If the recent post indicating the Senn buds were PX100s in ear bud form, then I would DEFINITELY wait for some impressions and jump on that boat right away and forget buying a ticket.*

*Not a subversive metaphor for shoplifting

Aug 23, 2006 at 3:29 AM Post #25 of 29
reference.jpg

Surprisingly the iBuds sound like I am smoking iCrack or maybe just iWeed. Compared to my K601's which make me feel like I am am on iCaffine...clarity people!

Aug 23, 2006 at 4:07 AM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Surprisingly the iBuds sound like I am smoking iCrack or maybe just iWeed. Compared to my K601's which make me feel like I am am on iCaffine...clarity people!

The iBuds aren't that dopey without the foam
tongue.gif

Aug 23, 2006 at 4:55 AM Post #27 of 29
I use my PX100's at the gym, but I do use my iBuds if I was out running or something. Why not? It's not like they're uncomfortable or have unbearable sound.

Aug 23, 2006 at 5:03 AM Post #28 of 29
i wish ibuds fit in my ears (they either fall out or they hurt me badly).

i use sony behind the head ones (not the stupid tirangle shaped ones, the older circle style). they stay on well and you can still hear people.

i only listen to music when running or snowboarding, but idk about something more contact like soccer.

i think im going to get some decent iems for this winter so i dont get an earache from the bad fit of my buds

i guess my ears just arent rightly shaped.

i can not comment on the ibuds sound as i find them so uncomfortable that i can not keep them in long enough to give them a shot sq wise

Users who are viewing this thread

Back