for the love of god...im using ipod earbuds..
Aug 22, 2006 at 8:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

PITTM

500+ Head-Fier
i got a nano about 3 weeks ago. ever since i bought it i stopped using my AKG K26Ps and have abandoned them for the devils listening device: ipod earbuds. there are a few reasons for the switch.

a) the ipod earbuds are much smaller. i can wrap the cord around my nano and it all fits in the palm of my hand or becomes unnoticable in ones pocket.
b) versatility: ive recently become OBSESSED with soccer, like scary obsessed. on sunday i played from 10am until 530pm, and while i was exhausted and my ipod battery had died at around 4, i never had a problem keeping the buds in while i ran and they didnt fly out, even if they did, it wasnt a big deal like my 26ps would have been.
c) they really dont suck as much as everyone says they do.
d) did i mention theyre small?

anyone in my boat/have a new set of recommendations for whom i should throw a pile of money at to get some awesome cans that will work for my situation? i think they have to be ear buds. canal phones are just too difficult to put in while on the fly for how i use my ipod. maybe a nice set of earbuds? thanks.

rj

Aug 22, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #2 of 29
I'd go with the Sennheiser MX-450...
wink.gif

As for me, I'm having Cardas custom-wire my iPod earbuds for balanced operation...
blink.gif

Aug 22, 2006 at 8:37 PM Post #3 of 29
id say stick with the ipods, they are cheap and durable. when your running around playing soccer i doubt you would pay attension to music or any details as such.

Aug 22, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #5 of 29
heck just use the ibuds... theyre cheap dime/dozen if you trash em its no big deal. I'm using koss plugs
blink.gif
blink.gif
in the same way.

Aug 22, 2006 at 8:51 PM Post #6 of 29
hey kramer, havent seen you in awhile(my fault by a long shot), and i agree, theyre pretty awesome for my intended purpose. theyre not closed so i can hear an audible yell when someone behind me makes a run at goal or somesuch. its actually a pretty sweet deal.

rj

Aug 22, 2006 at 8:54 PM Post #7 of 29
Depending on circumstances, different things are required:
  1. Sometimes you need a hammer, other times a wrench, other times a screwdriver.
  2. Sometimes you need a sedan, other times a sports car, other times a truck.
  3. Sometimes you need cans, other times IEMs, and other times some buds.
It just depends on what you're doing. I don't know which buds might be better than others, but this is a good thread topic...

Aug 22, 2006 at 8:56 PM Post #8 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by PITTM
hey kramer, havent seen you in awhile(my fault by a long shot), and i agree, theyre pretty awesome for my intended purpose. theyre not closed so i can hear an audible yell when someone behind me makes a run at goal or somesuch. its actually a pretty sweet deal.

rj

Yeah... maybe we'll cross paths at the nat'l meet in Apr? I credit you for turning me onto the HD580
600smile.gif
600smile.gif

Aug 22, 2006 at 9:31 PM Post #9 of 29
I walked around the mall the other day with my shuffle and a pair of MX500's. I have better phones but I keep coming back to these for casual, no hassle, easy to pocket listening on the go.

Aug 22, 2006 at 9:48 PM Post #13 of 29
The problem is your comparing the ipod buds to an equally crappy headphone, the k26p's.
try comparing them to a well regarded headphone, ala ksc-75's.

Aug 22, 2006 at 9:58 PM Post #14 of 29
they sound awful
but not when you are running around
you just will not be able to notice any difference in sq between those white stuff and ksc75 or whatever
just make sure you keep your volume low to preserve your hearing after 30
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 22, 2006 at 10:14 PM Post #15 of 29
Today I was sitting on public transport on my way home. Someone was sitting near me listening to iPod earbuds. I was listeing to my Rio Karma via the dock's line out into my PA2V2 with Koss Portapro. I wanted to go up to the guy and say... enjoying your AM transister radio soundalike iPod eabuds?
blink.gif
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back