For HD300 Owners
Jul 5, 2004 at 9:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

pirate

100+ Head-Fier
Quote:

As a manufacturer I have no secrets. All my amps come with schematics and I upgrade for free during the warranty period when any improvement is worthwhile. I appreciate feedback from end users and incorporate their suggestions when ever possible. This is the first optional upgrade for the HD300 and will be incorporated in all future HD300 and HD25 series amplifiers.

Craig has told me that hes offering a free upgrade modification to the circuit that will make the amp sound better as well as reduce/eliminate hum with certain imperfect tubes. In addition he is also strengthening the board to chassis mount for safer tuberollng.
600smile.gif

Jul 5, 2004 at 10:16 PM Post #2 of 4
That is great news. Not that the amp doesn't sound good now, but if it can be improved, I am all for it. I have been corresponding with Craig lately about the amp and the and the HD25. I have found him to be a pleasure to deal with. I will certainly take him up on this upgrade offer.

Jul 6, 2004 at 11:46 PM Post #4 of 4
I e-mailed Craig who advised that he was going to send an e-mail to everyone regarding the upgrades. He also said that if I was handy with a soldering iron he would send out the parts for the upgrade. He said it was pretty easy. Once I stopped laughing, I told him I would send it out to him for the upgrades. I am holding off as he is sending me an HD25 to compare to the HD300. I should have it when I return from vacation on 7/17. I will post my comparison after I have an opportunity to spend some time with the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back