For Hardcore RTS Gamers only... RTS Versus RTS; Which is the strongest RTS ever?
Aug 7, 2004 at 12:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

dj_mocok

Headphoneus Supremus
Hehe... Made this thread out of curiousity...
Say, if you were able to choose any RTS games and setup a deathmatch, which RTS will win overall?
eg. Warcraft III's vs. C&C General's side...

See, based from my imagination, (hehe...)

If i am choosing say, USA side from C&C Generals and play a match against one team from AGE OF EMPIRE, no matter how strong your base and units are,
I think a couple of comanche, aurora bombers plus a platoon of rangers and a few crusaders tank, will totally wipe out even the strongest AOE base in no time at all... (how can chariots stand against rangers ? the flashbang ability probably scare the hell out of the horses...LOL)
Oh well, maybe they have some catapults (trebuchets) and a few unfortunate rangers will be killed by oversized stones raining down from the sky, but those thing can't hit Chinooks copters or worse, aurora bombers...
So, C&C Generals will totally wipe Age of Empire...

This brings me to the conclusion that maybe the strongest RTS side out there is : Starcraft... I mean, i really cant think of any RTS that can probably stand against a few Protoss Carriers with swarms of Interceptors flying and killing everything on sight...
(well, unless there are some Gods in Age of Mythology that can do mumbo-jumbo and make all the carriers go down)
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Aug 7, 2004 at 1:37 AM Post #3 of 54
the NOD in C&C Tiberian Sun.... they were the shiznit. I can't remember all the details but massive cloaking devices and giant robotic things were pretty darn cool. I can't remember if it was NOD or GDI in that game that had tunnelling units (prolly GDI), but those were cool too. NOD/Protoss would be a pretty sweet battle.

BTW this thread is mad geeky... I feel so dirty now.

Aug 7, 2004 at 2:29 AM Post #5 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok
hehe...thats why the title says for hardcore RTS only...
biggrin.gif

Yeah. You have to admit, the units in C&C have awesome stuff. The boring device in TS that went underground, as always, the best, Obelisk of Light and the Tesla Coils...whoo, I'd build a whole base of just advanced power plants and have a tesla coil every 4 spaces...it'd rape everybody coming towards my base, it was literally impossible to attack and by the time I was done building, my base incorporated yours
biggrin.gif

I think the original C&C, Warcraft II, and Dune II along with AOE probably have the strongest things going for them, they were good and all had pretty bad graphics (exception AOE)...I dunno, I have a million RTS, but dont' really play them
frown.gif

p.s. the boring device doesn't bore poeple to death

Aug 7, 2004 at 3:41 AM Post #7 of 54
I'm not a huge RTS guy, but I do like Warcraft III. I've only played against the CPU, not against other people. Fun game (colorful too I might add).

Aug 7, 2004 at 5:15 AM Post #9 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelvie1234
A hell of a lot of zerglings would do the trick against any side :p

Well, they wouldn't stand a chance against my 1,000 soldier army in C&C, I literally destroyed bases in seconds with it.
eek.gif
Oh my gosh, the no-cap in that game was great!

Aug 7, 2004 at 5:22 AM Post #10 of 54
1000 soldiers... hehehe....
have you actually tried building that many ?

when victory is already at hand and the computer is pretty much handicapped, sometimes i would build huge army too to make one all out attack... but i dont think it was that many... but i usually built several super weapons and launch them all at once...

Aug 7, 2004 at 5:30 AM Post #11 of 54
StarCraft is the best. Blizzard never achieved the same level of the impeccable, amazing, and solid gameplay quality anymore afterwards due to the leaving of the core members who went to form www.arena.net.

Sigh.

Aug 7, 2004 at 5:35 AM Post #12 of 54
Quote:

when victory is already at hand and the computer is pretty much handicapped, sometimes i would build huge army too to make one all out attack... but i dont think it was that many... but i usually built several super weapons and launch them all at once...

I think so, it took me about 3 hours to build them all, this was in 1996 though, when it came out
eek.gif

Aug 7, 2004 at 8:39 AM Post #13 of 54
Quote:

It's really fun doing that if you're playing as China and you nuke the helll out of your enemy with like 8 nukes at once.
wink.gif
I just slaughtered China with a grip of laser tanks, 4 helicopters, and a handfull of humvees loaded with missle defenders and snipers.

Aug 7, 2004 at 11:44 AM Post #15 of 54
starcraft is the only one i really played, and of course war craft 2. Warcraft 3 definatly really isn't RTS, it's more of an rpg i think.

I also liked civilization series, and recently I liked tropico, and rise of nations. Simcity (the original in EGA) is unforgettable too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back