For Gluegun and other pana 470 users
Dec 9, 2001 at 3:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gloco

Only one ban in 5000 attempts!
I just received a cmoy amp from JMT and decided to test my Sony DE561 pcdp and the (beginning of rant) pana-person 470blue model which i've loathed for the longest period of time (end of rant).

OK, the 470 sounds WONDERFUL with the amp. Not as loud as the 561 but comparable and it sounds full and clean (i also noticed u can use the EQ directly with the line out jack on the 470, you cant do this on the 561, just curious as to why).

Now mind you, the 561 still bests it, but by a small margin. I also have a question to ask, does output power of the headphone jack affect the line out jack output (since the 561 line out is louder than the 470)? Any comments are welcome!

George

Dec 9, 2001 at 4:08 AM Post #2 of 4
Well, as near as I can tell, not much really affects the line out.... maybe JUST the EQ (dont have it with me, can't test) and whether or not you have antiskip on.... certainly not the volume of the other jack, or whether or not you have headphones in the main jack as well...

Dec 9, 2001 at 4:36 AM Post #3 of 4
gloco, I've found that the line outs of Sony PCDPs are noticeably louder than the line outs of Panasonic PCDPs, regardless of headphone-op-amp power output. The same holds true of my Sony D-EJ721 over my Panasonic CT470silver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back