? for Dell DJ, Karma, Zen Xtra, IHP owners
Feb 17, 2004 at 7:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

wahoox2

100+ Head-Fier
I have searched and I cannot find any info on if any of these have a hold feature like the ipod, so that it won't change settings while in your pocket.
So, you folks that have these, does it? Is it quick to access it thru the menu?

Feb 17, 2004 at 7:59 PM Post #3 of 22
Dell DJ has a Lock function, accessable when the power button is pressed briefly. There's also a hold switch on the Dell's remote.

Feb 17, 2004 at 8:12 PM Post #6 of 22
Giddy Up!! Yes indeed! The iHP-120 has a HOLD button on the remote.
cool.gif
600smile.gif
600smile.gif
600smile.gif
600smile.gif
600smile.gif
600smile.gif
600smile.gif
600smile.gif

Feb 17, 2004 at 8:29 PM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by cmascatello
The iHP has it on both. I get the feeling that someone is discovering the bells and whistles of his brand new toy today.
biggrin.gif

Dang Tootin'!!!! Tooooooooo much fun!
600smile.gif

Feb 17, 2004 at 9:08 PM Post #10 of 22
The Zen Xtra has a round about hold feature. It's in the Main Menu.

The case that comes with it does a pretty good job of minimizing unwanted button push syndrome.
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, with the Zen, it goes into sleep mode if not playing. The only way to bring it out is to hold the power button down for a second.

Feb 17, 2004 at 10:26 PM Post #11 of 22
The iHP has a hold switch on both the remote and the main unit.
The Zen Xtra does *NOT* have a hold switch. There is a hold function which is accessed through the main menu, but it's not just a simple matter of the position of a switch. Stupid as it may sound, this was actually one of the primary reasons for my returning the Xtra because I prefer to operate my players by feel as much as possible...most people don't seem bothered by it though, so YMMV.

-Jeff

Feb 17, 2004 at 10:41 PM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by Igor01
Dell DJ has a Lock function, accessable when the power button is pressed briefly. There's also a hold switch on the Dell's remote.

Dell DJ has a physical hold/lock slider on top of the unit

Feb 17, 2004 at 10:42 PM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by Nqstv
Umm...Jeffreybar...I thought that was what I said.
rolleyes.gif

Don't get your panties in a bunch.
smily_headphones1.gif
I just wanted to emphasize that the Xtra doesn't have a physical switch whereas the iHP does, which might or might not be significant to the original poster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back