For Beyerdynamic DT770 owners
Apr 26, 2008 at 3:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

SptsNaz

1000+ Head-Fier
Don't know how many of you there are, but for those that have these cans, do you use them with the black foam and ring in place or did you take it the two out?

When I first tried them stock the bass was insane... definitely not something I could live with. I could feel the drivers rattling
eek.gif
. Lower mids were almost completely obscured

I took out the foam and the black ring and ... huge difference. Bass is still prominent, but actually at sane levels now. Mids and highs both opened up. Detail is still lacking compared to more open headphones like my HD580's though, but they are more fun to listen to, especially for trance and hip hop / rap.

Anyone share a similar experience? I know I'm obviously not the first to do this, but I recommend this mod big time.

Apr 26, 2008 at 3:21 PM Post #2 of 7
I must admit to never having felt this bass that makes the drivers shake. Maybe its only a 80 ohm thing?

Apr 26, 2008 at 3:50 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by kuzzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how the hell do you take them out?

Pretty simple actually. First take pads of which are attached with rubber to the housing. You'll then see the ring that's holding the foam. The ring has three or four small creases on its diameter in which you can stick a knife or sharp object in. Put the knife in and push down to snap each side out and it should come out. Just don't jab the knife too far in to be safe, or just use a dull knife

I'm obviously not that good at giving instructions. I'm sure you can find other threads with more clear ones though if you are still confused

Apr 26, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #5 of 7
Is this operation easily reversible?

Apr 27, 2008 at 10:38 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mansize_tissue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this operation easily reversible?

Yes, it's very easily reversible.
First you put the foam back in place, then 'click' the ring back on.
I just did the mod, but I hardly noticed any difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back