For bass lovers ... lol
Oct 28, 2009 at 4:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

omigawsh_lollercoaster

100+ Head-Fier
SKULLCANDY Skullcrusher Headphones 154695125 Tillys.com Quote:

Originally Posted by SKULLCANDY
Skullcandy Skullcrusher headphones. If a shock-and-awe level of bass has been missing from your life, look no further. Stereo speakers PLUS mini-sub woofers in each ear of the Skullcrusher let you take the club with you on the road.

Oct 28, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #4 of 12
So sad!
frown.gif

My thoughts go to those who fall for buying these, and miss out of great real music.

Oct 28, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #8 of 12
Wow, and i used to think my 990Pro were a bit too bassy...that's a terrible frequency response really...

Oct 28, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #10 of 12
Enough of these skullcandy hate threads
tongue.gif
. Anyway I am rather hopeful that basshead kids will learn to appreciate good sound quality, sony is still a bigger headphone manufacturer than skullcandy and they make quality <$50 headphones from what I've seen and their XB series bass headphones are really quite impressive and kids should realize quick that that is how bass should be, not what skullcandy does.

Oct 28, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #11 of 12
My guess is that for their target audience, and genre preference, it probably fits the bill very well. And I'm guessing the target are teens who listen to a lot of rap, or fans of subwoofers that rattle the windows in their cars.

Oct 28, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #12 of 12
I had a go on a pair of Skullcrusher's, and it was 'an experience' rather than being a serious bass contender. If you want bass for not much money, there are plenty of other options around.

As for my friend, or two friends that had Skullcandy's. I bought them both AKG K518 headphones. They both realized what they'd been missing ... half decent sound quality, bomb proof build quality (my main complaint with SC is the BQ), and real bass, deep bass!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back