For all you Android DAP users out there, try Cube!
Oct 15, 2012 at 2:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

cn11

Headphoneus Supremus
For anyone using DAP's which run Android, I would highly recommend checking out the Cube player (aka: '3'). Icon looks like a black dice in Google's app store. 

I'm not sure if it's just working exceptionally well with my Sony F806, but holy crap is it outstanding sounding! It opens up the soundstage and sounds so clean and resolved compared to anything else I have installed on the player. And this includes PlayerPro, Winamp Pro, Poweramp, and Sony's built in player. It's not subtle at all, and it's greatly heightening my enjoyment of the F806 and my TG!334's. The only thing is that it's missing the ability to manually scan forward or back within a track, and it doesn't show elapsed/remaining time with the little slider. It does have the ability to advance forward or backward with a finger touch at the bottom of the screen, but since there's no time reference, it's a fairly ambiguous affair. 

Anyway, even with the minimal features like that, the sonics alone (and the price) make it totally worthwhile to try out. There is a manual EQ but it crashes on me sometimes. 

Look forward to others' thoughts! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back