For all the ppl out there with a surround creative x-fi
Feb 27, 2011 at 9:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

razvitm

Head-Fier
I've been wondering... could i connect 3 stereo amps on a single x-fi card and have the same stereo signal on every output?
The answer is it is possible. How? Using the Audio Creation Mode console.
I play flac files with foobar, this normally translates like this: windows sends sounds to the audio driver via "Wave" if the flac file is stereo, and it sends sounds to the audio driver via "front" "rear" "center" etc if the flac file is surround.
Take the first case, we have a stereo sound source, and we want to copy the sound from the green jack "front out" to the "rear out" and "center/woofer" out in order to connect headphones and amps that receive the same signal.
The settings in the Audio creation mode console is the following: 
  -set the output to 6.1 speakers. leaving to 2.1 will increase the playback level over the 0dB limit and the card will clip.
  -select the bus routing buttons like in the picture.

I found that mono files will only output to "front LR" because foobar sends mono files to the front Center audio path. to hear mono files on all outputs, mark the "Front C/Sub" boxes like the "Wave" boxes.

And that's how you port stereo to all jacks on a creative x-fi. 

Enjoy!

Feb 27, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #2 of 4
Dem y-splitters

Feb 28, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #3 of 4
10x
wink_face.gif

Mar 3, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
Dem y-splitters

Y splitters are sometimes not recommended because they split the current between the outputs... if you use a Y splitter on main green line-out and you connect a headphone and an amp, and you let the music play, and while the music is playing you plug out the headphones from the Y splitter, the volume of the sound coming from the amplifier will be louder because the output voltage of the audio card has risen because you no longer have a low Z load on the output

Users who are viewing this thread

Back