For 12AX7 Tube lovers !!!
Nov 15, 2009 at 2:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Denys

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

First, please excuse my English translation, as English is not my mother tongue.

Blackburn MicroTech Solutions (BMS) origins from the old org company named "Composantes Philips" which started in 1938 as the "Mullard Radio Company Limited".

BMS sits in the same place as the "Valve Mullard" in Blackburn England. Since the tube decline in the 60's in favor of the transistor, the old site Mullard a still developped and produced key components tubes used in televisions.

Blackburn' factory can't no longer use Mullard name for its products, but as TV's tube are in decline, they will produce tubes under the name of "TechTube". With their knowledge Blackburn will be able to produce quality tubes. For the oment the production will be limited to the E813CC/12AX7/ECC83 but the should extend it to other current tube models.

https://shop.blackburnmicrotech.com/...p?categoryid=1

Only problem, I tried to order one, but they never accepted my credit card which makes no sense....Hope this will be solved soon.

Denys

Nov 15, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #2 of 12
Denys,

I read a thread saying Tube Tech went bankrupt. There is a try by management to buy the company.

I really wanted to try this tube out in my DAC.

Nov 15, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Denys,

I read a thread saying Tube Tech went bankrupt. There is a try by management to buy the company.

I really wanted to try this tube out in my DAC.

Thanks HappyCamper,

This might explain why I tried to buy through their Website and it did not work; reason... my bank did not accept my card payment...(My card is almost empty, and I work for the Bank....the amount is only $55 CAD)

Too bad, I'd like to give it a try...

Denys

Nov 15, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #5 of 12
Thank you Sir...

Here's what I received in my mailbox:

Delivery is delayed to these recipients or distribution lists:

sales@blackburnmicrotech.com

Subject: Re: 12AX7 Tube order

This message has not yet been delivered. Microsoft Exchange will continue to try delivering the message on your behalf.

Delivery of this message will be attempted until 16/11/2009 23:15:41 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London. Microsoft Exchange will notify you if the message can't be delivered by that time.

Ah!! Well!!!

I'd really like to try this tube !!!

Denys

Nov 15, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #6 of 12
The recession/depression claims yet another start up with a poor sense of timing and no luck
frown.gif
........let's hope management can pull the company from the fire as I'm sure we all could use some half decent new production 12AX7's. I know I'd love to compare these against a set of NOS Blackburn ECC83's (1963 date codes) I have on hand.

Skylab didn't you pick up a pair of these and few months back ?

Peete.

Nov 19, 2009 at 7:25 AM Post #7 of 12
Don't warry they will be back.

Nov 19, 2009 at 12:39 PM Post #8 of 12
Nov 19, 2009 at 7:47 PM Post #9 of 12
I hope they bounce back. I use one in my phono stage and it is a great tube.

I was looking forward to the release of their ECC81 variant to go in my Earmax, if it is as good as the ECC83 variant then it would have been a real treat.

Nov 21, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #10 of 12
So there is no way of buying those atm?

Nov 22, 2009 at 11:23 AM Post #11 of 12
Only used it seems. They sold factory direct and I have not found them at any tube shops.

Bad luck for me. When I was aware of the Blackburn ECC83 I had no equipment with ECC83 and when I got the equipment they closed.

I thought that they still sold out stock but obviously the sales site is open for customers but nothing goes through. They could have written a short message about that!

No surprise that the TV tube production is let down but I hope that they can reconstruct the audio tube production.

Nov 22, 2009 at 11:42 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anders /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only used it seems. They sold factory direct and I have not found them at any tube shops.

Bad luck for me. When I was aware of the Blackburn ECC83 I had no equipment with ECC83 and when I got the equipment they closed.

I thought that they still sold out stock but obviously the sales site is open for customers but nothing goes through. They could have written a short message about that!

No surprise that the TV tube production is let down but I hope that they can reconstruct the audio tube production.

The sale would be more likely a liquidation wholesale. Sooner or later they will become NOS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back