Football (Soccer) Fans Gather
Jul 15, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #31 of 532
  Good deal for Liverpool - now just don't blow it all on another Carroll 
wink_face.gif
Sterling needs to improve his finishing considerably if he is to be a top attacking player. He might do that at City, but equally he might be shipped out again after a couple of seasons like some of the other young hopefuls who have been through the City wringer in recent times.

If Sterling is City's only signing this summer, it's hard to see them as real contenders next season - too many issues are still left unaddressed, especially in defence - Kompany was a notch or two below his best last season, as well as Zabaleta. As it stands, Utd have got a march on them by signing Depay, Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin.

Sterling will probably be the new shaun wright philips XD

Don't worry liverpool will buy 5 mediocre players from southampton with the money lol

Jul 15, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #32 of 532

Don't worry liverpool will buy 5 mediocre players from southampton with the money lol

Most likely 
rolleyes.gif
 They really ought to cough up and meet Benteke's buy-out clause IMO. I see some people saying he's just a target man and wouldn't fit in with Liverpool's system but I disagree: watched him for a few seasons now, and he's got a well-rounded game: fast, strong, skillful and knows how to find the target - hit some wonder strikes in his time! Liverpool certainly need someone up front - unless they plan to rely on the deadly trio of Lambert, Borini and Balotelli next season...

Jul 15, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #33 of 532
  I think Sterling does have potential.
Guess his price tag is inflated by the fact that it was Man City (£££!!!!) wanting him, the cut for QPR who originally sold him to Liverpool is also calculated. 

Does seem crazy nonetheless. Also wondering whether it reflects the lack of players of that position in the market currently. Hmmn not sure, I've not been following football as religiously in the past  year or two.

He certainly has talent. Whether his attitude is up to his skill is another matter.

Jul 15, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #35 of 532
  What do you guys htin about man utd's signings?

Pretty solid. Schweinsteiger is a class act - still a few seasons ahead of him at 31 too I reckon, in the position he plays. Expect him to hit the ground running in the EPL. Schneiderlin's always impressed me with Saints, despite being injured a fair bit last season (hopefully not injury prone) - definitely one their star assets. Don't know much about Depay, but have heard good things and LVG is a big fan. I still think they need to sign a couple of defenders though, same as City.

Jul 16, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #36 of 532

What do you guys htin about man utd's signings?

Pretty solid. Schweinsteiger is a class act - still a few seasons ahead of him at 31 too I reckon, in the position he plays. Expect him to hit the ground running in the EPL. Schneiderlin's always impressed me with Saints, despite being injured a fair bit last season (hopefully not injury prone) - definitely one their star assets. Don't know much about Depay, but have heard good things and LVG is a big fan. I still think they need to sign a couple of defenders though, same as City.

They will fail. I mean, Van Gaal acts like an idiot. His team (that already has like 4 or 5 recently signed starting players) is not working, and when it got a little bit better, instead of keeping the scheme and trying to get Di Maria in, he goes and gets Schweinsteiger (someone I think plays well anywhere, but will bench Ander or someone) Depay and Schneiderlin, the last two are players who need minutes. Van Gaal is best known for being a little greedy with playing time. Buying and buying is not the answer, he should learn from Wenger.

Jul 17, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #37 of 532
They will fail. I mean, Van Gaal acts like an idiot. His team (that already has like 4 or 5 recently signed starting players) is not working, and when it got a little bit better, instead of keeping the scheme and trying to get Di Maria in, he goes and gets Schweinsteiger (someone I think plays well anywhere, but will bench Ander or someone) Depay and Schneiderlin, the last two are players who need minutes. Van Gaal is best known for being a little greedy with playing time. Buying and buying is not the answer, he should learn from Wenger.

Two domestic trophies aside, Arsenal don't have much to show for their transfer policy in the last 10 years. It's arguably only when Wenger did start splashing the cash, first on Ozil, then Sanchez, that the club have started reaping some rewards.

Jul 18, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #42 of 532
  Just noticed where you're posting from. 
mad.gif

Odd how a lifeless pudding of a batter's wicket changes character the moment Australia stop batting and England start... 

Hmm if I would see one cricket match what would it be? Or is every game 30h long?

Jul 18, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #43 of 532
  Hmm if I would see one cricket match what would it be? Or is every game 30h long?

There are different forms. Test Matches (like the Ashes) have a maximum of 5 days' play, although it doesn't always go the distance.

Then there are shorter forms, the shortest and newest being the Twenty20 game which is the big money-spinner in India (Indian Premier League) and Australia (The Big Bash). These are widely televised and popular, as they can also be played on weekday evenings under floodlights after people have finished work.

Twenty20 means that each batting team faces just 20 overs (of six balls per over), so it is a quick way to try cricket, although it doesn't have the strategic and tactical aspect of the longer game.

Jul 18, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #44 of 532

Two domestic trophies aside, Arsenal don't have much to show for their transfer policy in the last 10 years. It's arguably only when Wenger did start splashing the cash, first on Ozil, then Sanchez, that the club have started reaping some rewards.

You should know that Wenger's job was one of the most important feats acquired in all history. Managing to stay on the top 4 while having to sell your stars year after year in order to finance the Emirates, and even beating 2011 Barca for example. I mean, the man is no fool. Now, the debt was paid, he bought Ozil, then Alexis, he is buying Benzema supposedly, the frenchman would fit well in the squad. Arsenal can shine now.

Jul 19, 2015 at 3:58 AM Post #45 of 532
You should know that Wenger's job was one of the most important feats acquired in all history. Managing to stay on the top 4 while having to sell your stars year after year in order to finance the Emirates, and even beating 2011 Barca for example. I mean, the man is no fool. Now, the debt was paid, he bought Ozil, then Alexis, he is buying Benzema supposedly, the frenchman would fit well in the squad. Arsenal can shine now.

Hmm, you wouldn't happen to be a Gunner would you?
wink_face.gif
 Fact is, United's summer signings so far (I also forgot Matteo Darmian) are better than any other EPL team and the likelihood is they will easily make top 4 again next season, if not higher. I know a lot of people always want Utd to fail, but I seriously doubt there will be any repeat of 2013-14.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back