Football (Soccer) Fans Gather
Sep 11, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #391 of 532
I guess he is a decent utility player, other than that debacle, he was quite good for the rest of the game.... I couldn't believe what had happened at first

I guess so yeah, I'm still kind of surprised Liverpool have held on to him so long personally. I thought he was at his best several seasons ago playing in the holding midfield role, he's been on the wane for a while tho IMO. What happened to Sakho? He seemed to be forming a decent partnership with Lovren at the back end of last season, particularly in Euope. Strikes me he'd be a much more rational choice in defence than Lucas. Has he done something to make Herr Klopp mad? 
angry_face.gif

Sep 11, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #392 of 532

I guess so yeah, I'm still kind of surprised Liverpool have held on to him so long personally. I thought he was at his best several seasons ago playing in the holding midfield role, he's been on the wane for a while tho IMO. What happened to Sakho? He seemed to be forming a decent partnership with Lovren at the back end of last season, particularly in Euope. Strikes me he'd be a much more rational choice in defence than Lucas. Has he done something to make Herr Klopp mad? 
angry_face.gif

He's unfit since his 'doping ban', and Klopp sent him back home from the LFC pre season tour for misbehaving.

Sep 19, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #393 of 532
Do you chaps think Mourinho's slow descent into oblivion has begun already?

The finger pointing has already begun, too funny imo.

Sep 19, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #394 of 532
  Do you chaps think Mourinho's slow descent into oblivion has begun already?

The finger pointing has already begun, too funny imo.

Maybe it's an overreaction, but it's hard to see a way forward for Man U at the moment - they looked flat out of ideas against Watford at the weekend. Pogba and Rooney (especially) seem out of form, but are apparently un-droppable. There's no cohesion to the team; the number of passes going astray all over the park was alarming. There seems to be a fundamental lack of creativity and dynamism about Man Utd, particularly compared with Man City and Liverpool - and it's hard to see Mou finding a system that works any time soon.

Sep 20, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #397 of 532
A bit early yet to write Mourinho off I think.
Gotta say though it's amazing how quickly Guardiola got his team to work! Add to that the bold decisions regarding Toure and Hart - wonder if that will come back to bite him in the long run.. especially re: Hart, which was a surprise.

It's a long season still, and the current group of managers in the EPL makes things very interesting.

Sep 20, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #398 of 532
Man City will win it this year, and they won't be beaten home and away by any Premier League team.

I am not a City fan quite yet, just calling it the way I see it.

Sep 21, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #399 of 532
To be honest, City has by far the best squad in the premier league, I'm not surprised how well they are doing.

I think City will drop points, when the fixtures start piling up and the new manager boost drops off.

Sep 26, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #400 of 532
Woot I have only been following football seriously since about 2 years max, last year I tried fantasy for the first time.
This weekend I got 86th overall in Togga pick 11 (not sure how many play) and 26th for the Men in Blazers league, with over 8000 people picking. It was a wild ride what fun!

Sep 27, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #403 of 532
Heaven help anyone that gets on the bad side of the UK press... surely Big Sam will have another job by the time this season is out :veryevil:

Sep 27, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #404 of 532
  Woot I have only been following football seriously since about 2 years max, last year I tried fantasy for the first time.
This weekend I got 86th overall in Togga pick 11 (not sure how many play) and 26th for the Men in Blazers league, with over 8000 people picking. It was a wild ride what fun!

I've been playing this one for donkey's years - it's up to almost 4 million players worldwide this year. It's probably the biggest fantasy football game around, but does rely on you following the EPL, which I'm sure not everyone does! The highest I ever finished was 2150th, in 2011/12 - I think there were around 2.5m players back then. My fortunes have taken a bit of a nosedive since those halcyon days 
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 27, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #405 of 532
In other news, Leicester have made a better start to their UCL campaign than their defense of the EPL! Two wins from two now after the victory over Porto. With Copenhagen the other team in their group, they look odds on to qualify for the knockout stages now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back