Foot-FI
Nov 16, 2009 at 8:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

ford2

Headphoneus Supremus
Are there others like me that go barefoot everywhere,and only put on boots/shoes to go to work or going out.
Of course it helps if you live somewhere with warm temperatures,might not be the best in Alaska.

Nov 16, 2009 at 9:06 AM Post #3 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ford2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are there others like me that go barefoot everywhere,and only put on boots/shoes to go to work or going out.
Of course it helps if you live somewhere with warm temperatures,might not be the best in Alaska.

Hey now, I live in Alaska and I go bare-foot.....in the summer of course. This is only at home and in my yard or it those of my friends though. Work requires that I wear steel-toes.

Nov 16, 2009 at 9:39 AM Post #4 of 21
In the summertime yes, going around in the house and garden barefoot.
But in the wintertime it simply is too cold, since I do not have heated floors, and outside in the snow is not even an option.

Barefoot in bed all year round though.

Nov 16, 2009 at 10:05 AM Post #5 of 21
barefoot year round at home.

I go barefoot at home and I use my vibram fivefingers when I have the chance to (for walking, running, whatever). Right now it's way too cold though.

Nov 16, 2009 at 10:10 AM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am actually the opposite I always have my socks on unless I am in the shower or somewhere where socks are out of place :p

In bed?
ph34r.gif

Nov 16, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #7 of 21
There is a guy that wears dirty clothes and walks around all over campus barefoot. I think he is a dirty hippie.
wink.gif

I could never walk barefoot everywhere. I only am barefoot in my apartment. My soft pinkish feet will get cut up by walking on the sidewalk.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 16, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is a guy that wears dirty clothes and walks around all over campus barefoot. I think he is a dirty hippie.
wink.gif

I could never walk barefoot everywhere. I only am barefoot in my apartment. My soft pinkish feet will get cut up by walking on the sidewalk.
smily_headphones1.gif

Could he not be a clean hippy,I go barefoot in town,shopping,driving car and have been doing so for many years,but the only thing dirty is the bottom of my feet.

When the temp gets above 30°C it does not pay to take to long to cross a bitumen road,but that's life.

Nov 17, 2009 at 1:43 AM Post #9 of 21
Foot-fi... Didnt know what to expect when i clicked the title.
I go barefoot indoors at the house most of the time all year around. Summertime i go barefoot around the house and on vacation.
At work, not such a good idea. Ink, oil, petroleum, tools etc are quite a hazzard for uprotected feet
ph34r.gif

Still find the vibrams look odd, to say the least. But im sure they are prety damn functional, looks like you have a good feel of what is under your feet.

Nov 17, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #11 of 21
When I was little, I never wore shoes or socks. Around the neighborhood and all that. I had some VERY leathery feet. Now it's socks all the time, other than bed.

Nov 17, 2009 at 4:37 AM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp_zer0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In bed?
ph34r.gif

Though I usually go barefoot in bed, I've been told that wearing socks in bed helps one sleep better by keeping the feet warm and better circulated.

Nov 17, 2009 at 4:43 AM Post #13 of 21
Yeah I really do not enjoy the sensation of being barefoot as my feet tends to get cold easily and unless I am at the beach or in the pool or something along those lines I am just not into it. Though I do like sandals at the right time.

Nov 17, 2009 at 9:29 AM Post #14 of 21
Always barefoot around the house.

Also do one 9-mile beach run and one 10-mile trail run every week, also barefoot.

My shoes are all minimalistic- two pairs of Vivo Barefoot, one pair Vibram Fivefingers KSO, one pair flip flops.

I don't have problems with cold feet. I believe barefoot running may help with circulation in that regard.

Nov 24, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #15 of 21
as close to barefoot as I can get.
I'm running at least five miles a day now, in converse all stars without souls.
so, like a quarter of an inch of padding.
My arches have actually gotten way better since I ditched the arch supports.
Thank you, Born to Run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back