Foobar2k and Replay Gain
May 23, 2008 at 4:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Mr Pink57

100+ Head-Fier
I was curious if you do per track per file scan will this encode it directly into the source or will it just use replay gain thru foobar? What I mean is say I use it on all tracks then copy tracks to my D2, are these files normalized?

I did a search on this and did not come up with much and looked at the essential sticky.

pink

May 23, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #2 of 4
I did one per album and worked ok, but the thing that did not work out so good for me was the fact that tag v2 was erased together with my embeded cover art.
frown.gif

May 24, 2008 at 6:10 AM Post #3 of 4
When you replaygain scan audio, the information gets committed to metadata. The audio itself is not changed, you can easily remove replaygain information.

The files will keep the metadata until it's cleared, but whether or not the player you're using can read it is another question.

RockBox supports replay gain.

May 24, 2008 at 9:15 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeChuck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When you replaygain scan audio, the information gets committed to metadata. The audio itself is not changed, you can easily remove replaygain information.

The files will keep the metadata until it's cleared, but whether or not the player you're using can read it is another question.

RockBox supports replay gain.

It was still quite a big job getting all this information back to the files using tag & rename on my ca. 9000 songs, maybe not the biggest collection but it's mostly albums that i actually own
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back